Mr Gadget Online Photo Printing
- A lot of options, Competitive pricing
- Advertising on interface
A cheap, robust photo printing service that will be perfect for those just after plain photographs.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Mr Gadget's photo printing service offers a well rounded package. They provide a great variety of print sizes with competitive prices and a respectable interface.
Their prices, whilst not being as low as Harvey Norman overall, are extremely competitive. Regular prints sport a rock bottom $0.29 price tag, and the slightly larger sizes range from $2.00 through to $36.50. You definitely won't be disappointed with the cost.
The number of options present is equally impressive. Prints can be done all the way up to 20x24 inch, but that's not the best part. Mr Gadget offers a huge variety of paper choices, including glossy, matt, premium lustre, canvas and art paper. With such a range of options, the scope for customisation is huge. None of the other photo printing services will allow you to do giant, 20x24 inch canvas prints of those hilarious embarrassing moments and pin them up all over work.
Mr Gadget utilises a downloadable interface that is serviceable, if not spectacular. It has an advertisement for their products in the bottom left corner, which we particularly disliked, but everything was fairly fast, functional and intuitive. There are some minimal image cropping options, and it remembers your details from previous purchases.
Postage costs $2.49 via Australia post and will typically take about a week.
The image quality of this service fell somewhere in between AGFA and Kodak; prints looked good but not exceptional. We felt they turned out a little dull, lacking the same sort of life and richness of colour present in some of the competitors. They still look fine, and for most people they will be perfectly acceptable, but the difference is visible when they are lined up with the other prints.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC