Motorola Australia RazrWire
- Stylish, good standby and talk times
- Not for everyone, expensive
Motorola's Razrwire is definitely a step in the right direction, and for some people may be the ideal solution to ugly, awkward Bluetooth headsets.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 8 stores)
We like the technology, but we'd be the first to admit that wireless Bluetooth headsets do not represent the height of sartorial elegance, particularly the ones that sport flashing blue lights. Happily, mobile phone giant Motorola has teamed up with Oakley sunglasses in an attempt to solve the eternal problem of looking daft while wearing a Bluetooth mobile receiver in public. Whether they've succeeded or not is, of course, a matter of taste, but the RazrWire is surely a step in the right direction.
Of course, it's not just about style. Attached to the arm of some rather sporty-looking Oakley sunglasses, the headset incorporates Bluetooth 1.2 technology (backward compatible with 1.1) that functions at a distance of up to 10 meters from a Bluetooth-enabled cellphone and provides as much as six hours of talk time or 100 hours standby.
According to Motorola, the RazrWire is aimed particularly at people on the go such as cyclists, skateboarders, golfers and rock climbers, though we feel if there's any time that it's inappropriate to be answering your phone, it's when you're hanging over the edge of a cliff.
The RazrWire is not Motorola's first foray into the world of fashion - the company has previously unveiled a snowboarding jacket and headgear produced with sporting goods manufacturer Burton.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 LG G3 review
- 4 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 5 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's file sharing service Zocalo now generally available
- FBI, Secret Service studying 'scope' of reported bank cyberattacks
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- HTC Desire 610 smartphone
- Round LG G Watch R has Plastic-OLED display, heart monitor and is waterproof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW