Motorola V3i (Dolce & Gabbana)
- Fashion appeal, Limited edition release, Vibrant colour scheme, Included pendant
- No additional features, Accessories all extra, Price
The Dolce & Gabbana RAZR is a largely uninspiring release considering it doesn’t offer any new features or include basic accessories. If you’re after a fashion statement though, you’ll be impressed.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 18 stores)
Motorola produced a great phone in the RAZR V3, and now they are capitalising on that success with a limited edition fashion release: A Dolce & Gabbana RAZR V3i. This new handset retains the same features seen in the RAZR V3i but adds a vibrant gold and silver colour scheme, engraved Dolce & Gabbana logo and included pendant featuring Dolce & Gabbana initials.
The D&G RAZR doesn't offer any awe inspiring improvements over the original RAZR V3i; in fact its specifications are exactly the same. For full details on the features and operation of this handset, including battery life and performance refer to our review of the RAZR V3i.
This new version only differs in its exterior, with a vibrant gold and sliver colour scheme ensuring you'll stand out in a crowd. The handset is gold on its front and rear, with silver edging surrounding the keypad and display. Even the keypad is gold and the 5-way navigational pad silver - creating a nice contrast and setting this release apart from the RAZR V3i.
Considering Motorola teamed up with Italian designers to release this phone, we feel there could have been a few more improvements in the design. Only the colour scheme and engraved D&G logo on the rear of the phone set it apart from previous models. Inside, there are special edition wallpapers, screensavers and ring tones, but these are the only extras to the phone's features list.
The only other addition is the included pendant featuring gold D&G initials. It has a strap so this means it can be attached to the phone as a dangling, stylish statement. The D&G RAZR V3i is available to purchase from all major Dolce & Gabbana boutiques around the world.
The biggest disappointment of the D&G RAZR is the fact that there are no included accessories. You'll have to purchase these separately. A wireless Bluetooth headset costs $199.95, wired stereo headset is $59.95 and even a case at $79.95 must be purchased. If you already own a RAZR there is absolutely no reason to upgrade, especially considering the asking price. But if you are after a fashion phone, you'll probably be pleased.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW