Motorola V3i (Dolce & Gabbana)
- Fashion appeal, Limited edition release, Vibrant colour scheme, Included pendant
- No additional features, Accessories all extra, Price
The Dolce & Gabbana RAZR is a largely uninspiring release considering it doesn’t offer any new features or include basic accessories. If you’re after a fashion statement though, you’ll be impressed.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Motorola produced a great phone in the RAZR V3, and now they are capitalising on that success with a limited edition fashion release: A Dolce & Gabbana RAZR V3i. This new handset retains the same features seen in the RAZR V3i but adds a vibrant gold and silver colour scheme, engraved Dolce & Gabbana logo and included pendant featuring Dolce & Gabbana initials.
The D&G RAZR doesn't offer any awe inspiring improvements over the original RAZR V3i; in fact its specifications are exactly the same. For full details on the features and operation of this handset, including battery life and performance refer to our review of the RAZR V3i.
This new version only differs in its exterior, with a vibrant gold and sliver colour scheme ensuring you'll stand out in a crowd. The handset is gold on its front and rear, with silver edging surrounding the keypad and display. Even the keypad is gold and the 5-way navigational pad silver - creating a nice contrast and setting this release apart from the RAZR V3i.
Considering Motorola teamed up with Italian designers to release this phone, we feel there could have been a few more improvements in the design. Only the colour scheme and engraved D&G logo on the rear of the phone set it apart from previous models. Inside, there are special edition wallpapers, screensavers and ring tones, but these are the only extras to the phone's features list.
The only other addition is the included pendant featuring gold D&G initials. It has a strap so this means it can be attached to the phone as a dangling, stylish statement. The D&G RAZR V3i is available to purchase from all major Dolce & Gabbana boutiques around the world.
The biggest disappointment of the D&G RAZR is the fact that there are no included accessories. You'll have to purchase these separately. A wireless Bluetooth headset costs $199.95, wired stereo headset is $59.95 and even a case at $79.95 must be purchased. If you already own a RAZR there is absolutely no reason to upgrade, especially considering the asking price. But if you are after a fashion phone, you'll probably be pleased.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT