Motorola V3i (Dolce & Gabbana)
- Fashion appeal, Limited edition release, Vibrant colour scheme, Included pendant
- No additional features, Accessories all extra, Price
The Dolce & Gabbana RAZR is a largely uninspiring release considering it doesn’t offer any new features or include basic accessories. If you’re after a fashion statement though, you’ll be impressed.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
Motorola produced a great phone in the RAZR V3, and now they are capitalising on that success with a limited edition fashion release: A Dolce & Gabbana RAZR V3i. This new handset retains the same features seen in the RAZR V3i but adds a vibrant gold and silver colour scheme, engraved Dolce & Gabbana logo and included pendant featuring Dolce & Gabbana initials.
The D&G RAZR doesn't offer any awe inspiring improvements over the original RAZR V3i; in fact its specifications are exactly the same. For full details on the features and operation of this handset, including battery life and performance refer to our review of the RAZR V3i.
This new version only differs in its exterior, with a vibrant gold and sliver colour scheme ensuring you'll stand out in a crowd. The handset is gold on its front and rear, with silver edging surrounding the keypad and display. Even the keypad is gold and the 5-way navigational pad silver - creating a nice contrast and setting this release apart from the RAZR V3i.
Considering Motorola teamed up with Italian designers to release this phone, we feel there could have been a few more improvements in the design. Only the colour scheme and engraved D&G logo on the rear of the phone set it apart from previous models. Inside, there are special edition wallpapers, screensavers and ring tones, but these are the only extras to the phone's features list.
The only other addition is the included pendant featuring gold D&G initials. It has a strap so this means it can be attached to the phone as a dangling, stylish statement. The D&G RAZR V3i is available to purchase from all major Dolce & Gabbana boutiques around the world.
The biggest disappointment of the D&G RAZR is the fact that there are no included accessories. You'll have to purchase these separately. A wireless Bluetooth headset costs $199.95, wired stereo headset is $59.95 and even a case at $79.95 must be purchased. If you already own a RAZR there is absolutely no reason to upgrade, especially considering the asking price. But if you are after a fashion phone, you'll probably be pleased.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- Android device updates: Nougat is coming to the Moto G4, G4 Plus
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTProgram Manager-SAP Transition, SAP FICO ImplementationNSW
- FTProcurement Business AnalystVIC
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- CCDigital Business ArchitectACT
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW