Motorola T325 Bluetooth speakerphone
Motorola's T325 Bluetooth speakerphone has basic features but it's well designed and easy to use
- Compact, can be used on a desk as well as clipped to a sunvisor, simple to use, good call quality, auto off function
- Incoming audio could use a volume boost, no advanced features
The Motorola T325 may lack some advanced features, but what it does, it does well. This Bluetooth speakerphone represents excellent value for money.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Motorola's T325 Bluetooth speakerphone has basic features but it is well designed and effortless to use. Incoming audio could use a volume boost, but calls are clear and the T325 functions well.
Designed to clip to a car sunvisor, the Motorola’s T325 Bluetooth speakerphone can also sit on a desk. Its square grey case has rounded edges and is dominated by a large call button. The call button is accompanied by a power switch, mute and phonebook button, and side-mounted volume keys.
Operation is dead simple — simply turn the T325 on by holding down the power switch for a second or two and the unit automatically enters pairing mode. Once paired with your phone, the T325 Bluetooth speakerphone will automatically download your phonebook, allowing it to read out the names of incoming callers. This is a one-off process the first time you pair your phone with the unit. The T325 will pair with any phone that has Bluetooth, including the iPhone.
Once connected, operating the Motorola T325 Bluetooth speakerphone mainly involves the call button. This button answers and rejects incoming calls, activates voice dialling (if your phone supports this function), and redials the last number you've called. The Motorola T325 also stores up to 25 of your most frequently dialled contacts, which can be accessed by pressing the mute/contacts button until you hear the name you want to dial. It isn't the quickest process, especially if the number you wish to call is at the end of the list, but it's effective for four or five frequently dialled phone numbers.
A neat feature is the automatic power off/on function. The Motorola T325 turns off when your phone is out of Bluetooth range, but turns on automatically as soon as you are in range again. Each time your phone connects to the T325, the unit announces the current battery level: very low, low, medium or high. Motorola claims the T325 will provide up to 17 hours of talk time on a full charge.
Call quality is excellent considering the price, and our callers were impressed with both the clarity and volume of outgoing audio. Incoming audio is a mixed bag; we had no troubles hearing a relatively clear voice, but the volume could use some extra punch despite the presence of dual speakers. Even at the loudest setting, we often struggled to hear with the car windows down.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
- Here's what the worst Windows 10 phones will have for tech specs
- Kogan adds dual-SIM Agora Lite to its smartphone range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW