Motorola PC850 Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Small, easy to use, fairly cheap
- Nothing to speak of
For anyone who wants a simple Bluetooth adapter, you can’t go far wrong with the PC850
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
There has been a glut of USB based adapters of late; it seems there isn't anything that can't be driven by that little slot. Wireless expandability is one of the favourites, and so Motorola have launched the PC850 USB Bluetooth Adapter in their new range of mobile gadgets.
The PC850 is a simple little device. For a start it's tiny, less than 5cm long. To use the adapter, simply plug it in to an available USB slot and install the drivers from the included CD. That's it; you now have Bluetooth capability on your computer. The PC850 can then connect to any Bluetooth devices in range. Such devices could be a Bluetooth enabled phone, letting you stream music or transfer files, a wireless headset or a wireless gateway. Connecting to these devices is easy. Simply turn on your phone or headset, use Windows to search for Bluetooth devices and click connect. It couldn't be easier. For continued simplicity, Motorola has a series of compatible Bluetooth devices which work seamlessly with the PC850. This includes their HT820 wireless headphones and a wireless stereo gateway, the DC800.
It's hard to pick any faults with the PC850. Though its range is stated at 100m, we didn't manage to achieve anywhere near that in testing, but it was still more than good enough for use at home or in the office. The price tag is reasonable and we found the PC850 to be reliable. If you need a USB Bluetooth adapter, this is it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
- Nexus rumors begin to take shape, HTC may be making two devcies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC