Motorola P790 Portable Charger
- Convenience factor, Can charge unit and phone simultaneously, Standard mini-USB connection
- Only works with certain handsets and accessories
The P790 is a convenient and compact accessory that could come in handy for travelers.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- MC75A6-P4CSWQRA9WR 3263.70
If you are constantly frustrated with your mobile phone battery dying, then Motorola may have the answer. Their new P790 portable charger lets you recharge your phone without AC power. Unfortunately though, it won't work with all mobile phones.
According to Motorola figures, the P790 holds two full charges for a mobile phone and 10 for Bluetooth headsets and other accessories. The P790 uses a standard mini-USB connector, so it will work with most Motorola phones, including the MOTOKRZR K1, RAZR V3i, RAZR V3x, PEBL, SLVR L7, ROKR E1 and RAZR V3. The P790 will also work with any phone or accessory that uses a mini-USB connection to charge.
Once the charger runs out, you can juice it back up using a regular mini-USB AC adapter; most new Motorola phones include this in the sales package. Conveniently, users can charge their phone and the P790 at the same time via an adapter lead. The P790 takes two hours to fully recharge.
Despite being such a basic device, the P790 is quite stylish. It has a black rubber finish and is compact, measuring just 51.4mm x 51.4mm x 23.7mm and weighing a mere 79g. A slide up button on the front of the unit both powers on and slides out the mini-USB connector.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Amaysim wins with lowest TIO complaints
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT