Motorola P790 Portable Charger
- Convenience factor, Can charge unit and phone simultaneously, Standard mini-USB connection
- Only works with certain handsets and accessories
The P790 is a convenient and compact accessory that could come in handy for travelers.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
If you are constantly frustrated with your mobile phone battery dying, then Motorola may have the answer. Their new P790 portable charger lets you recharge your phone without AC power. Unfortunately though, it won't work with all mobile phones.
According to Motorola figures, the P790 holds two full charges for a mobile phone and 10 for Bluetooth headsets and other accessories. The P790 uses a standard mini-USB connector, so it will work with most Motorola phones, including the MOTOKRZR K1, RAZR V3i, RAZR V3x, PEBL, SLVR L7, ROKR E1 and RAZR V3. The P790 will also work with any phone or accessory that uses a mini-USB connection to charge.
Once the charger runs out, you can juice it back up using a regular mini-USB AC adapter; most new Motorola phones include this in the sales package. Conveniently, users can charge their phone and the P790 at the same time via an adapter lead. The P790 takes two hours to fully recharge.
Despite being such a basic device, the P790 is quite stylish. It has a black rubber finish and is compact, measuring just 51.4mm x 51.4mm x 23.7mm and weighing a mere 79g. A slide up button on the front of the unit both powers on and slides out the mini-USB connector.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT