Motorola P790 Portable Charger
- Convenience factor, Can charge unit and phone simultaneously, Standard mini-USB connection
- Only works with certain handsets and accessories
The P790 is a convenient and compact accessory that could come in handy for travelers.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- MC75A6-P4CSWQRA9WR 3263.70
If you are constantly frustrated with your mobile phone battery dying, then Motorola may have the answer. Their new P790 portable charger lets you recharge your phone without AC power. Unfortunately though, it won't work with all mobile phones.
According to Motorola figures, the P790 holds two full charges for a mobile phone and 10 for Bluetooth headsets and other accessories. The P790 uses a standard mini-USB connector, so it will work with most Motorola phones, including the MOTOKRZR K1, RAZR V3i, RAZR V3x, PEBL, SLVR L7, ROKR E1 and RAZR V3. The P790 will also work with any phone or accessory that uses a mini-USB connection to charge.
Once the charger runs out, you can juice it back up using a regular mini-USB AC adapter; most new Motorola phones include this in the sales package. Conveniently, users can charge their phone and the P790 at the same time via an adapter lead. The P790 takes two hours to fully recharge.
Despite being such a basic device, the P790 is quite stylish. It has a black rubber finish and is compact, measuring just 51.4mm x 51.4mm x 23.7mm and weighing a mere 79g. A slide up button on the front of the unit both powers on and slides out the mini-USB connector.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW