Motorola MOTOPURE H12
- Classy design, ease of use, above average voice quality, included accessories
- Background noise not completely eradicated, incoming voice can distort at times
The MOTOPURE H12 is the best looking Bluetooth headset on the market. It's not all about style though, as it does a relatively fine job of handling calls.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
Sporting an incredibly stylish design and boasting CrystalTalk technology for noise cancellation, Motorola's MOTOPURE H12 is also comfortable and simple to use.
The H12 features CrystalTalk technology – previously only found in Motorola handsets. Motorola claims the unit uses two microphones to distinguish between your voice and background noise. The technology then adjusts the amount of noise it removes according to the environment you are in, resulting in clear, natural sounding audio. Although our caller's voice was extremely crisp and clear with notable volume levels, the H12 doesn't completely eradicate background noise – our callers still complained of minor instances in this regard. Despite this, the general quality of calls is above average.
Aesthetically, this is probably the best looking Bluetooth headset on the market. A perforated alloy bezel and diamond-cut metal finish simply oozes class, and combined with a clear and inconspicuous ear clip (which can be worn on either ear), the H12 is comfortable to wear for long periods. Motorola claims the TrueComfort ear bud design is based on two years study of the human ear and three different sized ear buds are included in the sales package.
The H12 is quite easy to use, with a single call handling button, volume controls and a power switch being the only two controls on the unit. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold it to reject the call, and press it again to end the call. You can also redial your last number by holding down the call button. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
The MOTOPURE H12 comes packaged with a matching desktop charger, a convenient charging case and a shirt clip. Motorola claims a standby time of approximately 5.5 hours.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
- Report: Samsung's overzealous efforts to beat Apple lead to battery woes
- The iPhone 7's sleeper hit feature is its display
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT