Motorola H780 Bluetooth headset
Motorola's H780 Bluetooth headset boasts CrystalTalk and multipoint Bluetooth
- Design, performance, multipoint Bluetooth, CrystalTalk technology
- Price, background noise not completely eradicated
Motorola's H780 is a Bluetooth headset we'd be happy to recommend, but its asking price is a little steep considering the lack of advanced features.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
Motorola's latest Bluetooth headset sports a stylish design and boasts CrystalTalk noise cancellation. The Motorola H780 is a solid performer, though it is a little expensive considering its lack of advanced features.
The design of the Motorola H780 Bluetooth headset follows the lead set by previous headsets from the company, including the MOTOPURE H12 and the H680. Both these models attempted to add some style to, let's face it, a generally drab and rather boring category.
The Motorola H780 has an attractive stainless steel finish, slightly textured sides, and a faux brushed steel front. The headset has a clear and inconspicuous ear clip (which can be detached and therefore worn on either ear), and we found the H780 comfortable to wear. Motorola also provides three different sized ear buds in the sales package (small, medium and large).
The standout feature of the Motorola H780 is CrystalTalk technology, which is also used in many Motorola mobile phones. Motorola says it uses two microphones to distinguish between your voice and background noise. It then adjusts the amount of noise it removes according to the environment you are in, resulting in clear, natural-sounding audio. Incoming audio was extremely crisp and clear, with notable volume levels. However, the H780 didn't completely eradicate background noise, according to most of our callers. Incoming audio is excellent and among the best we've heard from a Bluetooth headset.
The Motorola H780 Bluetooth headset is quite easy to use. It has a single call-handling button, volume control, a power slider and a small key that activates noise cancellation. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode; once paired, functions are simple to activate. Press the call-handling button to answer or end a call, and hold the volume button to reject an incoming call. You can also redial the last number by holding down the call button. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
The Motorola H780 features multipoint Bluetooth, so it can pair with two phones simultaneously. According to Motorola, it has a talk time of up to seven hours and a standby time of up to eight days. Motorola includes an AC charger in the sales package, but the desktop stand bundled with the MOTOPURE H12 is a notable absence.
Although it doesn't have many faults and performs as it should, the Motorola H780 is a little expensive considering its lack of advanced features.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- Galaxy Note7 battery woes continue as company investigates phones that are running too hot
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW