- Flip out microphone, Multipoint technology, compact and stylish design, excellent audio quality
- Automatic volume control is sometimes erratic
The H710 is a compact and stylish handset boasting an intuitive, flip-out microphone and Multipoint technology.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Motorola's latest top of the line Bluetooth headset boasts the ability to pair to multiple devices at the same time. Its intuitive flip design also makes it easy to perform common functions while also maximising battery life.
The H710 is an upgrade to the previous H700 unit. It features a similar design to its predecessor, once again utilising a convenient flip out microphone and a stylish black and chrome colour scheme. In addition to answering calls, the flip out microphone also acts as a power switch – flip the microphone out and the unit switches on, close it and the unit powers off. Once you've paired your mobile phone for the first time, the H710 automatically remembers it and attempts to pair as soon as the microphone is flipped open.
A detachable ear hook can be adjusted to wear on both the left and right ears. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the H710 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug. Instead it rests just outside your ear with audio provided by a small speaker. Performance is excellent – incoming audio is loud and clear, even in noisy environments, while our callers were full of praise for outgoing audio and often found it difficult to tell that we were using a wireless headset. Despite its excellent audio performance, we felt the automatic volume control could have been improved as it was sometimes softer than we'd have liked when calling in a loud environment.
Operation is straightforward and simple. Pressing the call button answers, rejects, transfers and ends a call depending on whether you tap, press or hold the key. As an example, rejecting an incoming call requires the call button to be pressed and held until a beep is sounded.
Pairing is also effortless and Multipoint technology allows the H710 to connect to two compatible Bluetooth devices at the same time. This is especially ideal for business users who may carry two phones at any one time, such as their business handset and personal handset. You obviously can't talk on both phones at the same time – the idle phone is momentarily disconnected from the H710 when a call is answered. It's still a nifty feature though and negates the need to purchase two headsets if you carry multiple phones.
Pairing with a second phone or device for the first time requires the first phone paired to be switched off, but from there it's a simple matter of connecting as you normally would. Once paired, the H710 will automatically recognise and connect with both phones.
The H710 uses a multi-coloured indicator light that surrounds the call button. The light flashes blue when paired with a device, is steadily lit blue when in pairing mode, and flashes red when the battery is low. There are also a number of audio indicators, such as a dual-tone for pairing confirmation and an ascending tone to indicate that the handset has been placed in mute mode.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT