- Compact stylish design, simple to use, can be worn on either ear, comfortable
- Poor outgoing sound quality
The H680 is well designed and has reasonable incoming sound quality, but its let-down by poor outgoing sound.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Another in the long line of compact and stylish Bluetooth headsets, Motorola's H680 is comfortable and easy to use, but its outgoing voice quality could be improved.
The H680 is a small but sleek looking headset. Its gloss black and chrome design with silver buttons gives it a touch of class and the headset certainly feels well built. Combined with a fairly inconspicuous, plastic ear clip (which can be worn on either ear), the H680 is comfortable to wear for long periods. Motorola includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so you should find one of them comfortable for your ear.
Although the H680 doesn't feature Motorola's CrystalTalk technology – seen on the MOTOPURE H12, it still performs reasonably well for incoming sound. It does tend to struggle in noisy environments though, such as a busy city street. Unfortunately, outgoing voice quality is one of the H680's biggest sour points. Our callers complained regularly about fluctuating volume levels and distorted voice.
Thankfully, the H680 is quite easy to use, with just a single call handling button, volume controls and an on/off switch being the only controls on the unit. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode (denoted by a steady blue light) and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold the volume button to reject an incoming call, and press the call handling button again to end the call. You can also redial your last number by holding down the call button. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
The H680 comes packaged with a matching desktop charger and a convenient plastic charging case. Motorola claims the H680 has a battery life of up to nine hours of talk time and up to 12 days standby time.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD