Mophie Juice Pack Air iPhone case
A rechargeable battery case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
- Battery and protective case in one, provides an extra 4.5 hours talk time, LED status indicator, can charge and sync through iTunes
- Chunky and adds considerable bulk to the iPhone, doesn't protect the top of the iPhone's chrome edging, top half feels a little flimsy and hard to remove, expensive
The Mophie Juice Pack Air is a great option for squeezing some extra battery life out of the iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, but it adds considerable bulk to the handset.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The main drawcard of the Mophie Juice Pack Air is the fact that it offers the convenience of extended battery life for your mobile phone and the protection of a hard case in one device. A built-in power switch allows you to turn the battery on and off, so you can use the Juice Pack Air as a regular case and simply flick the switch when your iPhone requires a recharge.
Mophie claims the Juice Pack Air is the world's thinnest device of its type. Although that’s a feat in itself, the Juice Pack Air is still rather chunky and adds considerable bulk to your iPhone. We love the convenience that this accessory offers, but many users will be turned away due to the bulk and weight that the Juice Pack Air adds to the normally sleek and stylish iPhone. We like the rounded edges, though, and the glossy smooth finish feels very nice. It attracts plenty of fingerprints, just like the iPhone itself.
The Mophie Juice Pack air protects most of the iPhone's body, particularly the bottom of the phone. However, it leaves the top of the chrome edging exposed, so if the phone falls flat on its front the edge may be scratched or chipped. The top of the Juice Pack Air also feels a little flimsy when it's removed. It fits the phone quite tightly.
The battery in the Mophie Juice Pack Air is rated at 1200mAh, and according to Mophie provides an extra 4.5 hours of talk time and up to 270 hours standby time for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Using an iPhone 3GS, we switched on the Mophie Juice Pack air battery when our iPhone battery reached 10 per cent, and it charged our 32GB iPhone 3GS to 70 per cent capacity before it was fully drained. Alternatively, you can leave the Juice Pack Air switched on even when your iPhone is fully charged; its battery will completely drain before the iPhone's battery is hit.
LED status indicator lights on the back of the Mophie Juice Pack Air allow you to quickly check how much battery is left by pressing a small button. The LEDs also indicate the charging status when the Juice Pack Air is switched on, and the recharging progress when the case is plugged in.
The Mophie Juice Pack Air uses a standard micro-USB connection for recharging. Conveniently, you can charge and synchronise your iPhone with iTunes without removing it from the case. Mophie includes a standard micro-USB cable in the sales package and the case is available in black, white and purple.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW