Mindscape 3D Home Architect Home Decor & Design
- Many elements from wide range of manufacturers, Many customisations.
- Fiddly interface, graphical glitches, item placement problems.
If you are looking for a program to help you design your new home, this program does a fairly reasonable job.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
3D Home Architect Home Decor and Design bears a striking resembelence to the two Home Architect products we have reviewed. The software has thousands of household items to choose from, manufacturer brands, animations and movie creation tools, a handy project estimator that keeps your eye on costs, as well as many customisable furnishings and fabrics to choose from.
The user interface is the same as the other packages from 3D Home Architect and it's just as fiddly as ever, but if have the time and you are willing to learn then the experience can be fairly rewarding.
A good feature across all three packages is the multiple cameras, which can be used to explore your development from a variety of different angles.
We recommend you get this product over Landscape and Patio Design or Kitchen and Bath Design as, when you buy this product it comes with the other two for free. For the same price of $49.95 you get all three products!
The house builder wizard isn't too bad either. You specify your basic needs such as one or two floors, a garage, what style you want the house built - contemporary or country etc. Once built, you can modify the features, add extensions, put in rooms, furniture, a bathroom, kitchen - the works.
However, it isn't without its flaws. While it is relatively easy to place furniture and add walls, fine tuning it will take a while. For example, when we placed the phone on the coffee table it appeared to hover a few feet in the air. A puzzling glitch wouldn't let us put a TV on the TV stand. Also, you need to be careful when placing walls near doors as accidentally deleting a door is painfully common. We tried putting in a spiral staircase from the basement and of course, it wasn't high enough to reach the wall. There was no obvious way to extend the staircase to fit.
The same positives and negatives we mentioned in Landscape & patio and Kitchen & Bath Design exist in this package. We recommend you read all three reviews and then decide which to buy based on your needs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD