Mindscape 3D Home Architect Home Decor & Design
- Many elements from wide range of manufacturers, Many customisations.
- Fiddly interface, graphical glitches, item placement problems.
If you are looking for a program to help you design your new home, this program does a fairly reasonable job.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
3D Home Architect Home Decor and Design bears a striking resembelence to the two Home Architect products we have reviewed. The software has thousands of household items to choose from, manufacturer brands, animations and movie creation tools, a handy project estimator that keeps your eye on costs, as well as many customisable furnishings and fabrics to choose from.
The user interface is the same as the other packages from 3D Home Architect and it's just as fiddly as ever, but if have the time and you are willing to learn then the experience can be fairly rewarding.
A good feature across all three packages is the multiple cameras, which can be used to explore your development from a variety of different angles.
We recommend you get this product over Landscape and Patio Design or Kitchen and Bath Design as, when you buy this product it comes with the other two for free. For the same price of $49.95 you get all three products!
The house builder wizard isn't too bad either. You specify your basic needs such as one or two floors, a garage, what style you want the house built - contemporary or country etc. Once built, you can modify the features, add extensions, put in rooms, furniture, a bathroom, kitchen - the works.
However, it isn't without its flaws. While it is relatively easy to place furniture and add walls, fine tuning it will take a while. For example, when we placed the phone on the coffee table it appeared to hover a few feet in the air. A puzzling glitch wouldn't let us put a TV on the TV stand. Also, you need to be careful when placing walls near doors as accidentally deleting a door is painfully common. We tried putting in a spiral staircase from the basement and of course, it wasn't high enough to reach the wall. There was no obvious way to extend the staircase to fit.
The same positives and negatives we mentioned in Landscape & patio and Kitchen & Bath Design exist in this package. We recommend you read all three reviews and then decide which to buy based on your needs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
- New Google prompt vastly simplifies two-factor authentication
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW