First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Midway BlackSite: Area 51
We feel bad for Blacksite: Area 51. Sure, it's not a great FPS title in any means but it is a solid and enjoyable shooter that will no doubt get lost in the shadow of great games like Halo 3, BioShock, Crysis and The Orange Box.
- Unreal Engine visuals shine; good, solid action; NPCs are actually likable
- Its story won't 'wow' you, NPCs battle skills are lacking
At the end of the day, Blacksite is a decent enough FPS title that's the gaming equivalent of a summer action blockbuster: it sure as hell won't win any Oscars but it delivers just enough thrills to make you feel like you got your money's worth.--Tae K. Kim
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
The truth is out there
And truth be told, Blacksite deserves to lurk in the shadow of those giants as it doesn't quite reach the lofty bar that's been set for the FPS genre. The plot is rather generic -- you're a Delta Force commando who has to clean up the mess created by some eggheads at a secret government research facility -- and while your NPC comrades are likeable, their battle skills are seriously lacking. This becomes a big problem during the based levels where you're forced to drive and rely on their near-sighted gunnery skills to take care of enemies.
That said, the gunplay, which follows the standard FPS formula of 'see bad guys, shoot bad guys', is solid and fun; it's also bolstered by an interesting morale system where, if you perform well, your comrades get a small boost to their own skills. But let your team get into dire straits and their abilities take a small penalty. It's not revolutionary but it is an interesting system that rewards skilled gunplay.
Latest News Articles
- HTC One Max Android phone
- ACCC wants new principles for app producers
- Verizon acquires EdgeCast to boost video capabilities
- Documents leaked again amid secret trade negotiations
- Chinese vendors stop taking bitcoins as a result of new regulations
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- GamesView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »
- PC ComponentsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »