Microsoft Game Studios Fuzion Frenzy 2
Mini-games wrapped around a bizarre story
- Lots of mini-games
- It sucks
It might be a good rental if your seven year old has a weekend slumber-party or something but don't waste anything more than a couple of bucks on this one.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
As a sequel to the original Fuzion Frenzy, which was an original Xbox launch title, FF 2 is a collection of mini-games wrapped around a bizarre and nonsensical story about a futuristic game show in which contestants compete in various contests for glory.
Or something. I don't know. The whole thing is pretty ridiculous. I know network television is bad, and I know it'll probably get worse in the future, but I hope it never gets so bad that I have watch a show called Fuzion Frenzy.
- There are a decent number of mini-games to play. But a lot of something crappy still sort of sucks.
- The card system, in which you can use power-up cards to multiply your score or to steal away an opponent's, is mildly interesting.
- You can give the game to your annoying siblings to play with their annoying friends so they don't mess up your good games. Siblings are so annoying.
- The mini-games are repetitive and boring. They're not much fun to play either, especially when compared to some of the games you can find in titles like WarioWare or Mario Party.
- The futuristic game show theme doesn't work at all. It's just plain silly. The host is wearing an electric tie. Say what? If you are going to go that route, go all out and give us a Running-Man inspired game instead.
- Honestly, there are better games to boot up when your friends are over. Like Guitar Hero II for example, which is coming to Xbox 360 soon (hint, hint).
- Heck, I'd rather just watch regular television than play this game.
- Seriously. I'd even watch a marathon of 'The Simple Life.'
- Really. I would.
Run, don't walk, in the opposite direction of this one. With its boring collection of mini-games and cheap presentation, this one will only appeal to the littlest of tykes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 LG G3 review
- 3 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 4 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 5 Fetch TV set-top box
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Round LG G Watch R has Plastic-OLED display, heart monitor and is waterproof
- IBM Watson now answers your questions before you ask
- Are Uber's aggressive recruitment tactics legal?
- PC market in 2014 a bit less dire than previously thought
- Cotap, a WhatsApp for the enterprise, links with cloud storage providers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ