Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Headset
- Connects to console via RF, Excellent sound, Comfortable to use
- Battery life could be better
The Official Xbox 360 wireless headset works well and doesn't cost the earth.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
The Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Headset is the ultimate device of convenience for Xbox Live users. It seemed like the next logical step. Even though the option for wireless controllers was made available at launch, the gamer was still tied to the controller via the Xbox Live wired headset. With this new headset you can put down the controller and go to the fridge to get a frosty beverage or even take a much needed toilet break (make sure you set it to mute).
The Logitech Wireless Communicator for Xbox Live was one of the most popular wireless headsets for the original Xbox. Since the 360 was launched, the Logitech headset became useless since it was not supported on the new console. Owners of that headset have been holding out hope that the official 360 version will live up to the quality of the Logitech version.
Thankfully, it does. The audio is very clear, it connects easily via RF to the console - rather than the controller - and it is relatively inexpensive. There isn't much more than can be said for the quality. It connects, it works perfectly and there are no problems with it.
The side of the headset has volume up and down buttons and the on/off button doubles as a mute button for those times you don't want people to hear what you really think of them. There is also a synchronisation button that you need to press to connect the headset to the console. It also comes with two different earpieces for different sized ears and once you find the one that's right for you, it's actually very comfortable.
Much like the Logitech Wireless Communicator for Xbox Live for the original Xbox, the Xbox 360 wireless headset includes a rechargeable battery and comes with its own charger. Unfortunately, one charge doesn't last as long as the Logitech headset but at approximately 7 hours, it's not too bad.
If you want a wireless headset, this is your only option at the moment. It's certainly a nifty little device and it works well for a reasonable price so we have no problem recommending it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Microsoft brings Halo 5's map editor to Windows 10 for free, but stays quiet about Halo 5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW