Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Headset
- Connects to console via RF, Excellent sound, Comfortable to use
- Battery life could be better
The Official Xbox 360 wireless headset works well and doesn't cost the earth.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
The Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Headset is the ultimate device of convenience for Xbox Live users. It seemed like the next logical step. Even though the option for wireless controllers was made available at launch, the gamer was still tied to the controller via the Xbox Live wired headset. With this new headset you can put down the controller and go to the fridge to get a frosty beverage or even take a much needed toilet break (make sure you set it to mute).
The Logitech Wireless Communicator for Xbox Live was one of the most popular wireless headsets for the original Xbox. Since the 360 was launched, the Logitech headset became useless since it was not supported on the new console. Owners of that headset have been holding out hope that the official 360 version will live up to the quality of the Logitech version.
Thankfully, it does. The audio is very clear, it connects easily via RF to the console - rather than the controller - and it is relatively inexpensive. There isn't much more than can be said for the quality. It connects, it works perfectly and there are no problems with it.
The side of the headset has volume up and down buttons and the on/off button doubles as a mute button for those times you don't want people to hear what you really think of them. There is also a synchronisation button that you need to press to connect the headset to the console. It also comes with two different earpieces for different sized ears and once you find the one that's right for you, it's actually very comfortable.
Much like the Logitech Wireless Communicator for Xbox Live for the original Xbox, the Xbox 360 wireless headset includes a rechargeable battery and comes with its own charger. Unfortunately, one charge doesn't last as long as the Logitech headset but at approximately 7 hours, it's not too bad.
If you want a wireless headset, this is your only option at the moment. It's certainly a nifty little device and it works well for a reasonable price so we have no problem recommending it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Free Titanfall 2 weekend, Star Wars Battlefront meets Rogue One
- Every new game revealed at The Game Awards 2016, from Guardians of the Galaxy to Zelda
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
- Hearthstone fans now have a dedicated Skype chat room to challenge its best players
- You'll be able to stream Xbox One games on the Oculus Rift in December
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT