Microsoft Surface RT tablet review (64GB)
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet offers great hardware, sort-of-okay software
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What if Windows 10 fails?
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- How to test-drive Windows 8 for free in VirtualBox
- HP's hardware boss not a fan of Surface, Windows RT
- Why isn't Microsoft's answer to Siri built into Windows 8?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTIT Project Manager - Insurance Experience NeededNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW