Microsoft Money 2005
Overseas, Microsoft's latest Money 2005 package rivals Quicken 2005 in the personal finance software stakes. Problem is that in Australia, some of Money's big drawcard services like remote online access to your information through an MSN money account or automatic online account updates with your bank aren't available.
However, Money 2005 is a good looking and highly usable program for managing bills, budgets and accounts all in one place complete with automatic spending analysis.
In many respects Money 2005 closely resembles its predecessor, but the updated version is much less intimidating. Setup doesn't push you to enter each and every account, for instance. You can also jump in and start using the software right away, although you'll get more use out of it if you track all of your accounts.
Money 2005 is also let down by missing Australian-centric functionality such as support for GST and BAS statement management, something Microsoft needs to address in the way its competition has.
But if you all you're after is an inexpensive book balancing and budgeting solution complete with some nifty charting tools - and you need a bit more than an Excel spreadsheet, Money 2005 might still be of interest.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC