First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Streamlined MSCVMM user interface, VM image library, Quick Migration feature, ability to manage VMware VMs
- MSCVMM only in public beta, no equivalent to VMotion, official Linux support limited to Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10;
Microsoft's attempt at toppling VMware VI3 is chock-full of classic embrace-and-extend goodness, including support in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 (tested in beta) for managing VI3 assets. The Hyper-V hypervisor technology is sound and should scale well enough to challenge VMware's ESX Server. However, Microsoft still lags in the area of high availability, though the functionality in Virtual Machine Manager should be good enough to deliver wins in less demanding virtualization environments.
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S5 specs appear online with Quad HD display
- China Bitcoin exchange head 'surprised' at speed of regulations
- 'ZeroAccess' click-fraud botnet disrupted, but not dead yet
- Google to let users download portable file with all their Gmail messages
- Oracle may get second chance to prove Google infringed on Java copyrights
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 3 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Software and ServicesView all »
- SecurityView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »