Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus
- It can perform a full restore of the system, encrypts backup, easy to use
- Only keeps a synchronised copy of what's been backed up and not the files that have been deleted off your system
As an external hard drive the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus storage drive is solid, but add in the backup features of the OneTouch system and you have a first-class backup device.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus can be used simply as an external storage device connected to a PC via USB, the true benefit comes from its software and OneTouch system to create a well-configured backup device.
Maxtor's backup software auto-installs from the device itself, and can be configured for most any need. The software can automatically back up files and folders, or let you choose which drives, folders or files you want to back up, and when.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus also can perform a full restore of the system, which includes all files to recover to a previous point in time on your PC.
This is a huge benefit over some other off-the-shelf products that can protect your data, but may still require you to install your software should you face a major malfunction or virus.
On-demand backup is as easy as pressing the button on the front of the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus device.
While this lends itself to the less-technically savvy, it still has some great features for the more serious user, including an encryption system to password protect your data.
One drawback is that the backup appears to only maintain a synchronised copy of what you choose to back up, it doesn't keep copies of files that you've deleted from your system. Note: The price above is for the 250GB version and is the cheapest model available.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- FTAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD