Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus
- It can perform a full restore of the system, encrypts backup, easy to use
- Only keeps a synchronised copy of what's been backed up and not the files that have been deleted off your system
As an external hard drive the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus storage drive is solid, but add in the backup features of the OneTouch system and you have a first-class backup device.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus can be used simply as an external storage device connected to a PC via USB, the true benefit comes from its software and OneTouch system to create a well-configured backup device.
Maxtor's backup software auto-installs from the device itself, and can be configured for most any need. The software can automatically back up files and folders, or let you choose which drives, folders or files you want to back up, and when.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus also can perform a full restore of the system, which includes all files to recover to a previous point in time on your PC.
This is a huge benefit over some other off-the-shelf products that can protect your data, but may still require you to install your software should you face a major malfunction or virus.
On-demand backup is as easy as pressing the button on the front of the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus device.
While this lends itself to the less-technically savvy, it still has some great features for the more serious user, including an encryption system to password protect your data.
One drawback is that the backup appears to only maintain a synchronised copy of what you choose to back up, it doesn't keep copies of files that you've deleted from your system. Note: The price above is for the 250GB version and is the cheapest model available.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW