Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment
- No realtime protection
Not a complete solution by any stretch of the imagination, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free is a free yet valuable addition to your PC's security arsenal.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
You can't depend on just one program to protect you from rootkits, Trojans, viruses, worms, and other malicious code. The job is too important and the villains too numerous for that. So supplement your regular antivirus program (the one you keep running in the background at all times) with an extra malware scanner, such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free.
The free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware doesn't offer real-time protection (the $30.21 full version does), making it useless as your first line of defence. But scanning your hard drive with the free Anti-Malware every week or so will add another layer of protection, finding whatever your main program missed.
It's like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free is extremely easy to use. You load it, check for updates at its prompting, then start the scan. To scan just one drive, file, or folder, right-click it and select Scan.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW