Macecraft Software jv16 PowerTools
jv16 PowerTools is a more-complete sibling to the streamlined RegSupreme Windows-Registry cleaner.
- Good support for different versions of Windows
- Registry Cleaner 'aggression' settings don't make clear how problems are being idenfitied
jv16 PowerTools will tell you all you ever wanted to know about Windows Registry, but you probably won't need all of its tools.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
In addition to a Registry cleaner and compactor, jv16 PowerTools has other tools that will tell you all you ever wanted to know about the Registry but you probably wouldn't use most of them.
Among the tools are utilities to manage the Registry, find and replace entries, monitor Registry changes, take a snapshot, and get Registry stats.
The collection contains other modules, too, including file finders and cleaners, duplicate finders, and an assortment of system management tools, such as a startup manager and a history cleaner. jv16 PowerTools supports every version of Windows and comes with a full-featured, 30-day trial.
In its aggressive mode, the Registry cleaner in jv16 PowerTools found 392 Registry problems; in its normal mode, it detected 298 problems. The program gave us two ways to fix the problems.
The first option was to back up the Registry and let jv16 PowerTools make all the changes it wanted to - a choice we weren't happy with and wouldn't use. On the other hand, when we chose the 'Custom fix' alternative, the program forced us to look at each problem one at a time. Other apps, such as Registry First Aid, list all the items and let you select specific entries by checking the boxes beside them, which is much easier. We also wished that the program showed the severity of each problem so that we'd know which ones were important, but it didn't.
jv16 PowerTools' Registry Cleaner component includes a slider bar for you to decide how aggressively you want the tool to scan; safe, normal, aggressive, or very aggressive. After the scan, a report shows a graph with the number of errors, from high to low. The feature is interesting but not terribly valuable, since it doesn't offer any details about how it's identifying the problems.
A nice touch, however, is that the opening series of screens provides helpful tips to use the program — read them thoroughly.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC