Macecraft Software jv16 PowerTools
jv16 PowerTools is a more-complete sibling to the streamlined RegSupreme Windows-Registry cleaner.
- Good support for different versions of Windows
- Registry Cleaner 'aggression' settings don't make clear how problems are being idenfitied
jv16 PowerTools will tell you all you ever wanted to know about Windows Registry, but you probably won't need all of its tools.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
In addition to a Registry cleaner and compactor, jv16 PowerTools has other tools that will tell you all you ever wanted to know about the Registry but you probably wouldn't use most of them.
Among the tools are utilities to manage the Registry, find and replace entries, monitor Registry changes, take a snapshot, and get Registry stats.
The collection contains other modules, too, including file finders and cleaners, duplicate finders, and an assortment of system management tools, such as a startup manager and a history cleaner. jv16 PowerTools supports every version of Windows and comes with a full-featured, 30-day trial.
In its aggressive mode, the Registry cleaner in jv16 PowerTools found 392 Registry problems; in its normal mode, it detected 298 problems. The program gave us two ways to fix the problems.
The first option was to back up the Registry and let jv16 PowerTools make all the changes it wanted to - a choice we weren't happy with and wouldn't use. On the other hand, when we chose the 'Custom fix' alternative, the program forced us to look at each problem one at a time. Other apps, such as Registry First Aid, list all the items and let you select specific entries by checking the boxes beside them, which is much easier. We also wished that the program showed the severity of each problem so that we'd know which ones were important, but it didn't.
jv16 PowerTools' Registry Cleaner component includes a slider bar for you to decide how aggressively you want the tool to scan; safe, normal, aggressive, or very aggressive. After the scan, a report shows a graph with the number of errors, from high to low. The feature is interesting but not terribly valuable, since it doesn't offer any details about how it's identifying the problems.
A nice touch, however, is that the opening series of screens provides helpful tips to use the program — read them thoroughly.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT