Logitech Washable Keyboard K310
This keyboard is great if you're prone to eating and spilling at your computer, but it's not comfortable to use
- Easy to clean
- Uncomfortable to use
- Can take a while to dry
Logitech's Washable Keyboard K310 can be cleaned gently with a brush or submerged in water and scrubbed. It's great for anyone who needs a washable keyboard for a dirty work environment, but it's not very comfortable to use due to spaced keys and somewhat poor sensitivity.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
On the surface, the Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 sounds like a great idea. With so much dust and dirt regularly falling between the gaps on keyboards, it would make life easier to just throw your keyboard under a running tap and wash it away.
But putting ideas into practical products is the hard part, and Logitech seems to have missed a couple of things.
Firstly, the keys have a wide spacing, making it difficult for those of you who don’t touch type. After only a couple of hours of use, we felt a muscle strain in the hand from using the product, attributable to having to stretch out our fingers to reach keys.
Due to the spacing of the keys and their sensitivity, we made more frequent typos with this keyboard than when we used a regular keyboard. Repeated use of the keyboard didn’t really help to lessen typos either. The keys feel foreign — from the way they press down to the sound they make when you type. Even after a solid week of use, we weren't able to get used to it and found the constant typos annoying.
However, Logitech has been smart with some design features. The raised profile of the keys means food doesn’t fall in between the gaps when you eat at your desk and the small brush which is provided with the keyboard easily brushes away dust.
The keyboard is also easy to wash, and that's the main selling point — it can be submerged in up to 11 inches of water. Running our hands along the letters on the keyboard, all dirt and dust came off the keyboard without us having to scrub it; but you could scrub it if you wanted to since the key characters are laser printed and UV-coated so they won't fade away.
Following the instructions in the manual, it's annoying that the keyboard needs to be left to dry for at least eight hours after a wash — if it’s the only keyboard you have, the only option for washing it is at the end of the day and leaving it to dry overnight.
It’s a shame that the Logitech Washable Keyboard isn’t easier to use. If Logitech could make it more comfortable to use, it would be a great product for homes and offices.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours
- Intel's mobile future is in blazing modems as it buries Atom failure
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD