Logitech UE Air Speaker review
Logitech UE Air Speaker review: The UE Air is a commendable speaker system with decent sound quality, but it will disappoint those looking for fantastic audio.
- Attractive design
- AirPlay and ease of setup
- Loud volume
- Distortion at high volumes
- An overall muddy sound
If you own an iOS device and you're looking for a simple and easy solution to play your music in the home, you should definitely consider the Logitech UE Air Speaker. However, given its high price tag, the UE Air Speaker's audio quality is a little disappointing. This is certainly not a bad speaker system, but merely a good one that's a little overpriced.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Logitech UE Air Speaker doesn't come with a remote control, which makes sense given the fact your iOS device acts as the controller. Given the device also has an auxilliary input for non iOS devices, however, a remote could have come in handy for some users. When it's in sleep mode, the UE Air Speaker can be ready to go in about two seconds, so we recommend not completely turning it off (by holding down the power button for five seconds) unless you aren't planning to use it for a while. When playing music through AirPlay there is a slight delay when changing tracks (about three seconds) and playing a song initially can take up to five seconds.
The sound quality on the Logitech UE Air speaker is best described as well-balanced rather than great, so it will definitely disappoint audiophiles. Volume is loud enough to fill a large room or two, even at around 75 per cent, so this is a system that will suit a small house party. However, turn it up a little louder and there is evident distortion and a lack of clarity. The overall sound is slightly muddy.
On a positive note, the UE Air Speaker produces good detail — particularly in the midrange ⏼ offers punchy but not overpowering bass reproduction and its stereo separation is no less lacking than many other all-in-one speaker docks on the market.
One real plus of the Logitech UE Air Speaker is the fact you can adjust normally untouchable bass and treble settings through the app. We found the default settings provided the best balance but users will appreciate the ability to tinker with basic audio elements that Apple doesn't normally allow by default. Turning up the bass too far, however, tends to cloud the midrange more than provide a deeper thump.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT