Logitech UE Air Speaker review
Logitech UE Air Speaker review: The UE Air is a commendable speaker system with decent sound quality, but it will disappoint those looking for fantastic audio.
- Attractive design
- AirPlay and ease of setup
- Loud volume
- Distortion at high volumes
- An overall muddy sound
If you own an iOS device and you're looking for a simple and easy solution to play your music in the home, you should definitely consider the Logitech UE Air Speaker. However, given its high price tag, the UE Air Speaker's audio quality is a little disappointing. This is certainly not a bad speaker system, but merely a good one that's a little overpriced.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Logitech UE Air Speaker doesn't come with a remote control, which makes sense given the fact your iOS device acts as the controller. Given the device also has an auxilliary input for non iOS devices, however, a remote could have come in handy for some users. When it's in sleep mode, the UE Air Speaker can be ready to go in about two seconds, so we recommend not completely turning it off (by holding down the power button for five seconds) unless you aren't planning to use it for a while. When playing music through AirPlay there is a slight delay when changing tracks (about three seconds) and playing a song initially can take up to five seconds.
The sound quality on the Logitech UE Air speaker is best described as well-balanced rather than great, so it will definitely disappoint audiophiles. Volume is loud enough to fill a large room or two, even at around 75 per cent, so this is a system that will suit a small house party. However, turn it up a little louder and there is evident distortion and a lack of clarity. The overall sound is slightly muddy.
On a positive note, the UE Air Speaker produces good detail — particularly in the midrange ⏼ offers punchy but not overpowering bass reproduction and its stereo separation is no less lacking than many other all-in-one speaker docks on the market.
One real plus of the Logitech UE Air Speaker is the fact you can adjust normally untouchable bass and treble settings through the app. We found the default settings provided the best balance but users will appreciate the ability to tinker with basic audio elements that Apple doesn't normally allow by default. Turning up the bass too far, however, tends to cloud the midrange more than provide a deeper thump.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW