Logitech QuickCam Fusion
- Excellent performance, Well built, Ultra wide-view field
There's a lot to admire about the QuickCam Fusion. Logitech has introduced a great feature set and some interesting technologies. Sure, you'll have to pay a fair whack for the package, but quality doesn't come cheap.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
It doesn't matter how hard you try; when you sit down in front of a webcam you end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge 50 or 60 times on a very hot day. Well, Logitech is doing its best to remedy this situation with the QuickCam Fusion.
A petite 1.6in of greatness, Logitech's flagship webcam and its RightLight technology set a new benchmark for performance. While the cost may be prohibitive for most, if you need a high-quality webcam, it's worth paying out the extra cash. Well built and with a great bundle in the box, the QuickCam is a top buy.
This beautifully designed piece of hardware delivers 1.3 megapixel images, complemented by amazing video quality and echo-free audio. You can bump the quality up to 4 megapixel with software enhancements, although we recommend staying in the native hardware resolution for the best results. At the touch of a button the lighting is perfect and you can use the flexible base to angle it in any position you like.The built-in microphone with Logitech's own RightSound technology means you don't even need to wear a headset, although the webcam does come with a set of headphones and a microphone. What's more, there's an ultra-wide view field of 78 degrees - excellent for viewing everything in the room. Logitech has bundled the Video Effects 3D software package, which creates animated avatars that imitate your facial expressions or head movements, or 2D face accessories.
The QuickCam also has some excellent security features, and Intelligent Face Tracking, which keeps your face in the centre of the frame.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerWA
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPData AnalystWA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPProject ManagerOther
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT