Logitech QuickCam Fusion
- Excellent performance, Well built, Ultra wide-view field
There's a lot to admire about the QuickCam Fusion. Logitech has introduced a great feature set and some interesting technologies. Sure, you'll have to pay a fair whack for the package, but quality doesn't come cheap.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
It doesn't matter how hard you try; when you sit down in front of a webcam you end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge 50 or 60 times on a very hot day. Well, Logitech is doing its best to remedy this situation with the QuickCam Fusion.
A petite 1.6in of greatness, Logitech's flagship webcam and its RightLight technology set a new benchmark for performance. While the cost may be prohibitive for most, if you need a high-quality webcam, it's worth paying out the extra cash. Well built and with a great bundle in the box, the QuickCam is a top buy.
This beautifully designed piece of hardware delivers 1.3 megapixel images, complemented by amazing video quality and echo-free audio. You can bump the quality up to 4 megapixel with software enhancements, although we recommend staying in the native hardware resolution for the best results. At the touch of a button the lighting is perfect and you can use the flexible base to angle it in any position you like.The built-in microphone with Logitech's own RightSound technology means you don't even need to wear a headset, although the webcam does come with a set of headphones and a microphone. What's more, there's an ultra-wide view field of 78 degrees - excellent for viewing everything in the room. Logitech has bundled the Video Effects 3D software package, which creates animated avatars that imitate your facial expressions or head movements, or 2D face accessories.
The QuickCam also has some excellent security features, and Intelligent Face Tracking, which keeps your face in the centre of the frame.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
- Presto finds an unlikely ally in Quickflix
- Olympus targets movie makers with OM-D E-M5 Mark II camera
- Foxtel bands with Seven Network ahead of Neftlix's upcoming launch
- SanDisk eyes 4K video market with high-speed 512GB SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC