Logitech QuickCam Fusion
- Excellent performance, Well built, Ultra wide-view field
There's a lot to admire about the QuickCam Fusion. Logitech has introduced a great feature set and some interesting technologies. Sure, you'll have to pay a fair whack for the package, but quality doesn't come cheap.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
It doesn't matter how hard you try; when you sit down in front of a webcam you end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge 50 or 60 times on a very hot day. Well, Logitech is doing its best to remedy this situation with the QuickCam Fusion.
A petite 1.6in of greatness, Logitech's flagship webcam and its RightLight technology set a new benchmark for performance. While the cost may be prohibitive for most, if you need a high-quality webcam, it's worth paying out the extra cash. Well built and with a great bundle in the box, the QuickCam is a top buy.
This beautifully designed piece of hardware delivers 1.3 megapixel images, complemented by amazing video quality and echo-free audio. You can bump the quality up to 4 megapixel with software enhancements, although we recommend staying in the native hardware resolution for the best results. At the touch of a button the lighting is perfect and you can use the flexible base to angle it in any position you like.The built-in microphone with Logitech's own RightSound technology means you don't even need to wear a headset, although the webcam does come with a set of headphones and a microphone. What's more, there's an ultra-wide view field of 78 degrees - excellent for viewing everything in the room. Logitech has bundled the Video Effects 3D software package, which creates animated avatars that imitate your facial expressions or head movements, or 2D face accessories.
The QuickCam also has some excellent security features, and Intelligent Face Tracking, which keeps your face in the centre of the frame.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Consultant - HR / PayrollWA
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTProject AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst/UATVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA