Logitech QuickCam Fusion
- Excellent performance, Well built, Ultra wide-view field
There's a lot to admire about the QuickCam Fusion. Logitech has introduced a great feature set and some interesting technologies. Sure, you'll have to pay a fair whack for the package, but quality doesn't come cheap.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
It doesn't matter how hard you try; when you sit down in front of a webcam you end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge 50 or 60 times on a very hot day. Well, Logitech is doing its best to remedy this situation with the QuickCam Fusion.
A petite 1.6in of greatness, Logitech's flagship webcam and its RightLight technology set a new benchmark for performance. While the cost may be prohibitive for most, if you need a high-quality webcam, it's worth paying out the extra cash. Well built and with a great bundle in the box, the QuickCam is a top buy.
This beautifully designed piece of hardware delivers 1.3 megapixel images, complemented by amazing video quality and echo-free audio. You can bump the quality up to 4 megapixel with software enhancements, although we recommend staying in the native hardware resolution for the best results. At the touch of a button the lighting is perfect and you can use the flexible base to angle it in any position you like.The built-in microphone with Logitech's own RightSound technology means you don't even need to wear a headset, although the webcam does come with a set of headphones and a microphone. What's more, there's an ultra-wide view field of 78 degrees - excellent for viewing everything in the room. Logitech has bundled the Video Effects 3D software package, which creates animated avatars that imitate your facial expressions or head movements, or 2D face accessories.
The QuickCam also has some excellent security features, and Intelligent Face Tracking, which keeps your face in the centre of the frame.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW