Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere
- Excellent sound quality, rechargeable battery with indicator, included travel case, remote provides access to all iPod menu layers, shuffle and repeat modes
- Controls and remote are stubborn, no bass/treble adjustment
The Pure-Fi Anywhere is one of the better portable speaker systems we've reviewed, offering excellent sound quality, a travelling case and convenient rechargeable battery, making it ideal for travel.
Price$ 229.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Offering a rechargeable battery with a convenient battery life indicator, a travelling case and a remote control, Logitech's latest iPod speaker system certainly delivers plenty of features. Genuinely surprising though is its excellent sound quality - especially considering the relatively small size.
The Pure-Fi supports any iPod with a dock connector, including the newly released iPod nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch units. A regular auxiliary port is included too, so the Pure-Fi Anywhere supports all digital music players with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
Audio quality is excellent considering the size. Naturally, it won't impress audiophiles but the rest of you will be extremely satisfied by the smooth sound. The mid range has a great level of detail, the highs are pleasing and bass levels are solid, if not outstanding. Sound is exceptionally clear overall, and despite volume at its highest levels, distortion isn't evident. Logitech's StereoXL technology also works well; a single button on the unit (and also on the remote) widens the stereo image creating an immersive audio experience. In a medium-sized room with the Pure-Fi at 75 per cent volume, the StereoXL setting bounced sound off the surrounding office walls to good effect.
The Pure-Fi is let down a little by both the controls and the included remote. The controls on the unit itself are flat and require a firmer press to activate than usual. The remote control shares the same problem, and its range isn't the best; we felt it was a hit and miss affair and the six-metre range isn't really enough. A great feature though is that it offers access to all iPod menu layers.
The lack of bass or treble adjustment is disappointing, but an excellent feature is the one-touch repeat and shuffle modes, negating the need to browse deep into the iPod to activate them. Also convenient is the rechargeable battery, which boasts a quoted 10-hour life in addition to a four-stage battery life indicator. Alternatively, you can use the Pure-Fi through AC power and the iPod is charged at the same time.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia