Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad
Logitech's Keyboard case for iPad offers an excellent typing experience but minimal protection
- Excellent typing experience
- Good battery life
- Protects the iPad's screen
- No rear iPad protection
- Awkward to remove iPad from case
- Raised edges dig into palms
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad provides an excellent typing experience, but offers minimal protection for the iPad compared to other keyboard folio style cases. Provided you store your iPad in a bag or sleeve when not in use, we found Logitech's solution one of the best keyboard accessories on the market.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad was originally designed for the iPad 2, but works perfectly with the new iPad, too. It's a protective keyboard case with a slight twist, offering an excellent typing experience on the whole, but lacking the protection of many folio-style alternatives.
Unlike many other iPad keyboard cases on the market, the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad is more keyboard than case. Its basically a flat slab that consists largely of a physical keyboard. A recessed slot just above the keyboard holds the iPad in either portrait or landscape modes. When not in use, you simply flip the iPad screen down onto the keyboard where four rubber corners hold it into place.
There are a couple of real benefits to this design. Firstly, the keyboard itself is slightly larger than many folio alternatives. Keys are still smaller than a full-sized, regular keyboard, but the difference isn't huge. The extra space provides a good typing experience, but more importantly, an experience that feels natural.
The keys are spring loaded, provide good tactility and all the major keys are just where they should be. A row of iOS function keys sit on the top row and include functions like hiding and showing the on-screen keyboard, spotlight search, copy and paste, slideshow and media playback controls.
The design of the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad looks the part, too. The metallic silver finish on the bottom almost perfectly matches the aluminium finish on the back of the iPad itself. When not in use, the iPad's screen is completely protected and fits snugly in the case.
There are a few issues with the design of the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad, however. It provides no protection for the rear of your iPad, which is arguably the most scratch-prone part of the device. The design also hinders the typing experience thanks to the metal edges of the case. While these are required in order to keep the iPad snug and secure when not in use, they are raised around the keyboard and dig into your palms when typing.
The iPad is very difficult to remove from the case. The recessed edge on the front of the keyboard gives you a convenient spot to dig your fingers into to pry it out, but it's an awkward experience. Finally, the angle of the iPad's screen isn't adjustable. We found the angle perfect for most usage scenarios, but those who may want to position the iPad at odd angles will be left disappointed.
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad charges via USB and Logitech includes a USB to micro-USB charging cable in the box. Logitech says the keyboard's battery will last "several weeks with average usage", though goes onto state that "high usage levels may cause the battery not to last as long." In more than two weeks of testing, using the keyboard almost every day, we only had to charge the battery once.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT