Logitech Folio for iPad Air
This nylon folio case for iPad Air doubles as a stand.
- Tough, water-resistant casing
- Available in attractive, bright colours
- Multi-angle stand
- Minimal side protection
- Doesn't offer much in the way of shallow viewing angles
- High price, particularly for Australian customers
A good case, which doubles a stand that's ideal for video playback and some games. Not as suitable for artists, due the lack of shallow angles for sketching or painting with a stylus.
Price$ 80.00 (AUD)
This case's tough nylon shell provides protection and water resistance, though like most cases, it doesn't cover the sides. It does have a fair overhang, however, which prevents you from bumping the edges of the iPad Air against anything. In a bag, though, it's easy for objects like keys or metal-barrelled pens to scratch up the iPad's outer edges despite the case.
The case has a magnetic closure, which is strong enough to keep it from coming open as it's carried around. However, like the open sides, it doesn't provide much protection in a bag, from objects working their way in-between the iPad's screen and the front of the case. I had this happen a couple of times with my , which is a scratch-risk waiting to happen. I'm not going to hold that against it too much, though, as it still provides substantially better protection than the iPad's basic Smart Cover.
It's possible to stand the iPad up at various angles tending toward vertical, which proved excellent for watching videos or playing strategic (non-tap-heavy) games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. However, besides the almost-horizontal angle you can achieve by lying the case flat, there's no way to achieve the sort of shallow, 10-30-degree angles I find useful when drawing or painting with a stylus.
Overall a good case, though its stand may be better suited to movie-buffs than artists. The AU/NZ$80 RRP is a bit high, but we’ve seen retail prices as low as AU$70/NZ$54. For whatever reason, New Zealand customers really get a price advantage on this one.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW