Logitech ClearChat Premium
This cheap and simple Logitech headset offers decent sound quality and a good microphone.
- Comfortable, decent sound, sound from microphone is clear
- Ear-pads can get sweaty, swing-out microphone is flimsy
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a simple VoIP and gaming headset with good sound quality, a comfortable design and a high quality microphone. It’s appropriate for voice chat or listening to MP3s.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a PC gaming and VoIP headset that does everything it is designed for — it’s acceptable for listening to MP3s, it recreates game audio well, and the microphone is good enough for chatting.
Sporting a black and grey colour scheme, the Logitech ClearChat Premium is nothing special to look at. The ear-cups are padded with smooth faux-leather plastic and fit comfortably. The microphone is attached to the right ear-cup with a swinging joint, giving it a wide range of movement.
One thing that can be annoying is that the microphone can get tangled in the cable. The ear-pads also have a tendency to get slightly sweaty — this is not an issue unless you intend to wear them for several hours on end.
The headphone cable has an in-line volume control for the headphones and a mute button for the microphone. It terminates in two 3.5mm plugs — one for audio and one for the microphone.
Sound quality from the Logitech ClearChat Premium is good for a set of headphones costing less than $50. Overall the headphones have a very warm sound, with upper treble rolling off quite quickly and muffling the high notes in our test tracks. Mid-range frequencies are dominant, with decent detail audible. This makes the headphones a good choice for voice communication. There is no rumbling or booming bass though, so the ClearChat Premium is not well suited to video watching or PC gaming.
The microphone is of good quality; it’s nothing you could record vocals with, but it will be more than acceptable for in-game chat or Skype communication with your friends.
There’s nothing obvious to criticise about the Logitech ClearChat Premium headset. The build quality is acceptable — and the sound quality is more than acceptable for its price tag.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW