First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Linksys EFG250 (EtherFast Network Attached Storage)
- High performance, Gigabit Ethernet support, easy to setup
This business-class network-attached storage device is expensive but offers great features and top performance, plus a simple setup.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 2 stores)
- LGS318-AU LGS318 18-Port Smart Gigabit Switch (... 222.99
- LGS326-AU LGS326 26 Port Smart Gigabit Switch (... 249.99
Along with its business-level features, the EFG250's speed justifies its high price.
We tested the Linksys EtherFast Network Attached Storage EFG250 with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity; and when tested on a network of that speed, the device delivered top-notch performance. When used on a regular 100Mbps (Fast) Ethernet network, its performance was just above average.
The EFG250 has an empty bay for adding a second drive, which can be used either to expand storage capacity or to back up the first drive. Both bays come with sliding trays that house the drives and make it easy to swap them out. You can also buy additional drive trays (to which you add your own drives) that let you rotate backups of the main drive easily. The drive bays offer key locks, and the EFG250 provides FTP and HTTP access so remote users can connect to the device.
The EFG250's wizard-based setup was easy--in fact, we had the unit connected and serving data in less than 10 minutes. A Web-based configuration utility lets you set up users, groups and private shared folders.
Latest News Articles
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $299 free shipping
- $4499 free shipping
- 20% off $17.31 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »