First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Linksys EFG250 (EtherFast Network Attached Storage)
- High performance, Gigabit Ethernet support, easy to setup
This business-class network-attached storage device is expensive but offers great features and top performance, plus a simple setup.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
- LGS318-AU LGS318 18-Port Smart Gigabit Switch (... 222.99
- LGS326-AU LGS326 26 Port Smart Gigabit Switch 249.99
- LGS528-AU LGS528 28-Port Managed Gigabit Switch 415.00
Along with its business-level features, the EFG250's speed justifies its high price.
We tested the Linksys EtherFast Network Attached Storage EFG250 with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity; and when tested on a network of that speed, the device delivered top-notch performance. When used on a regular 100Mbps (Fast) Ethernet network, its performance was just above average.
The EFG250 has an empty bay for adding a second drive, which can be used either to expand storage capacity or to back up the first drive. Both bays come with sliding trays that house the drives and make it easy to swap them out. You can also buy additional drive trays (to which you add your own drives) that let you rotate backups of the main drive easily. The drive bays offer key locks, and the EFG250 provides FTP and HTTP access so remote users can connect to the device.
The EFG250's wizard-based setup was easy--in fact, we had the unit connected and serving data in less than 10 minutes. A Web-based configuration utility lets you set up users, groups and private shared folders.
Latest News Articles
- Google has to face US privacy suit over new user data policy
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit for alleged labor rule violations
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 digital camera with 4K video shooting
- Seafaring robot shrugs off monster Typhoon Rammasun
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Microsoft WPC 2014: Cloud message resonating with Microsoft partners
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »