- DVD recorder, easy to use, huge variety of supported media
- Lacks advanced features, remote control is slightly unresponsive
The RC7723W is an easily operable, trouble-free recorder. While it doesn't pack a huge range of extra features, its design ensures quick and effective recording.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
LG's RC7723W DVD/VCR combines a complete feature set with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
In addition to being able to record TV to either DVD or video cassette, the RC7723W can dub directly from DVD to VHS and vice versa. Both dubbing and recording are incredibly easy, and don't take more than two button presses to accomplish. Options such as the recording mode (four for DVD and two for VHS) can be preset via the on-screen menu system.
The on-screen interface also very straightforward, and worked well in our tests. All the options one would expect to find are available. The remote control is well laid out, and the important functions are readily accessible. However, it's made of cheap-looking plastic, and we found the rubbery buttons were slightly unresponsive at times.
One of the most impressive features of the RC7723W is its support for different media. It is compatible with both DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW, and can even write to double-layer DVD+Rs. Additionally, it is able to play MP3, WMA and DivX files burnt onto CDs and DVDs. You can also insert memory cards (including CompactFlash, MMC, Secure Digital, Memory Stick PRO and xD) into a slot on the front panel, and use the built-in picture viewer to display images from them.
While the RC7723W doesn't have a comprehensive set of advanced features, it would perfectly suit those seeking a simple, clutter-free DVD/VCR recorder.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT