can the VCR part record digital tv?
- DVD recorder, easy to use, huge variety of supported media
- Lacks advanced features, remote control is slightly unresponsive
The RC7723W is an easily operable, trouble-free recorder. While it doesn't pack a huge range of extra features, its design ensures quick and effective recording.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
LG's RC7723W DVD/VCR combines a complete feature set with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
In addition to being able to record TV to either DVD or video cassette, the RC7723W can dub directly from DVD to VHS and vice versa. Both dubbing and recording are incredibly easy, and don't take more than two button presses to accomplish. Options such as the recording mode (four for DVD and two for VHS) can be preset via the on-screen menu system.
The on-screen interface also very straightforward, and worked well in our tests. All the options one would expect to find are available. The remote control is well laid out, and the important functions are readily accessible. However, it's made of cheap-looking plastic, and we found the rubbery buttons were slightly unresponsive at times.
One of the most impressive features of the RC7723W is its support for different media. It is compatible with both DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW, and can even write to double-layer DVD+Rs. Additionally, it is able to play MP3, WMA and DivX files burnt onto CDs and DVDs. You can also insert memory cards (including CompactFlash, MMC, Secure Digital, Memory Stick PRO and xD) into a slot on the front panel, and use the built-in picture viewer to display images from them.
While the RC7723W doesn't have a comprehensive set of advanced features, it would perfectly suit those seeking a simple, clutter-free DVD/VCR recorder.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Dell's PC, tablet innovations draw attention
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge and Gear VR on sale from November
- Optus launches carrier aggregated LTE on 2300MHz spectrum
- Broken iPhone 6 screens, faulty batteries an easier fix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.