- DVD recorder, easy to use, huge variety of supported media
- Lacks advanced features, remote control is slightly unresponsive
The RC7723W is an easily operable, trouble-free recorder. While it doesn't pack a huge range of extra features, its design ensures quick and effective recording.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
LG's RC7723W DVD/VCR combines a complete feature set with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
In addition to being able to record TV to either DVD or video cassette, the RC7723W can dub directly from DVD to VHS and vice versa. Both dubbing and recording are incredibly easy, and don't take more than two button presses to accomplish. Options such as the recording mode (four for DVD and two for VHS) can be preset via the on-screen menu system.
The on-screen interface also very straightforward, and worked well in our tests. All the options one would expect to find are available. The remote control is well laid out, and the important functions are readily accessible. However, it's made of cheap-looking plastic, and we found the rubbery buttons were slightly unresponsive at times.
One of the most impressive features of the RC7723W is its support for different media. It is compatible with both DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW, and can even write to double-layer DVD+Rs. Additionally, it is able to play MP3, WMA and DivX files burnt onto CDs and DVDs. You can also insert memory cards (including CompactFlash, MMC, Secure Digital, Memory Stick PRO and xD) into a slot on the front panel, and use the built-in picture viewer to display images from them.
While the RC7723W doesn't have a comprehensive set of advanced features, it would perfectly suit those seeking a simple, clutter-free DVD/VCR recorder.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC