- Multimedia features, display
Our only real gripe with the machine is the one-year warranty as standard - although your local retailer may be able to extend it themselves.
Price$ 3,990.00 (AUD)
LG balances professional appearance with home theatre-like multimedia features in the LW70 series. This model certainly benefits from being based on the updated Intel Centrino platform, but LG has added some nice touches of its own.
The 17.1" screen (powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon X600) looks a treat. It's great for productivity at work (along with the dedicated keyboard number pad), but also great for watching movies.
On that subject, the LW70 has the ability to play DVD movies and CD audio without booting up into Windows. A remote control is included (that can also be used for presentations) and it can hide away in the spare PC Card slot. You also get S/PDIF digital audio-out, a small subwoofer and S-Video TV-out.
The LW70 is light and delivers above average (although not best-in-class) performance and battery life.
The four-in-one card reader (SD, MMC, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO) and DVD writer are perfect for transporting information. Networking is covered off with a 56Kbps modem, Ethernet port and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi. There's also support for one PC Card and one Express Card Type II.
Our only real problem with the machine was the one-year standard warranty, but your local retailer may be able to offer you an extended period.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD