- Multimedia features, display
Our only real gripe with the machine is the one-year warranty as standard - although your local retailer may be able to extend it themselves.
Price$ 3,990.00 (AUD)
LG balances professional appearance with home theatre-like multimedia features in the LW70 series. This model certainly benefits from being based on the updated Intel Centrino platform, but LG has added some nice touches of its own.
The 17.1" screen (powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon X600) looks a treat. It's great for productivity at work (along with the dedicated keyboard number pad), but also great for watching movies.
On that subject, the LW70 has the ability to play DVD movies and CD audio without booting up into Windows. A remote control is included (that can also be used for presentations) and it can hide away in the spare PC Card slot. You also get S/PDIF digital audio-out, a small subwoofer and S-Video TV-out.
The LW70 is light and delivers above average (although not best-in-class) performance and battery life.
The four-in-one card reader (SD, MMC, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO) and DVD writer are perfect for transporting information. Networking is covered off with a 56Kbps modem, Ethernet port and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi. There's also support for one PC Card and one Express Card Type II.
Our only real problem with the machine was the one-year standard warranty, but your local retailer may be able to offer you an extended period.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT