- Small, light, stylish
- Not particularly powerful
One of the best looking, lightest (and least expensive) tablet PCs we've seen.
Price$ 2,799.00 (AUD)
This stylish convertible has a bright 12.1" display (with wide viewable angle and Wacom digitiser backing) that can be used like a traditional notebook or folded back on itself to become a slate. Using a stylus to scribble down and save notes or diagrams in a meeting, and swivelling the screen around to show others, has obvious appeal. Tablet PCs are also slowly winning fans in the education, finance and healthcare industries.
The LT20-4 isn't a powerhouse of a machine (it scored 66 in PC WorldBench 5 and 2526 in 3DMark 2001), but will handle everyday applications, in addition to those integrated into Windows XP Tablet PC Edition--including handwriting or voice-to-text conversion.
The LT20-4 has no built-in CD/DVD drive, which keeps its weight down to a svelte 1.75kg.
LG pre-installs network configuration and battery life management software in addition to an "ez-menu" system settings interface. This pops up when you press the ez-menu button found at the top-right of the display, next to the Windows Journal shortcut, screen orientation and power buttons. Cursor up and down and buttons are also located at the bottom-right of the display, and are handy when in slate mode.
The battery has power indicator lights and part of the rear of the notebook can flip down to raise the notebook at the back (and store a spare mini-stylus).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD