LG’s prepaid KF310 mobile phone boasts HSDPA connectivity, but it is let down by a poor design.
- Competitive price, HSDPA connectivity, user interface, microSD slot
- Design, glossy finish attracts fingerprints, chunky build, small display, no 3.5mm headphone jack or A2DP Bluetooth
At such a competitive price, LG’s KF310 prepaid mobile phone definitely scores points for value. It's missing a few features and the design isn’t the best, but for the relatively small outlay you get a more than capable 3G mobile phone.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
An entry-level prepaid mobile phone boasting HSDPA connectivity and a microSD card slot, LG's KF310 is well featured for its price but it is let down by a mediocre design.
The KF310 mobile phone is a gloss black slider with chrome edging and a largely plastic build. It's quite a chunky phone; it's thicker than many competing handsets and possesses a very small display, despite the large amount of unused space around the screen. It feels reasonably sturdy, but the gloss finish is a nightmare to keep clean of fingerprints.
The spring-operated slider is sturdy and firm, but the keypad and controls are a mixed bag. The keypad is very flat and the keys aren't well spaced, so it will be a while before you can adjust and start sending speedy text messages. The five way navigational pad is chunky and the buttons are slightly raised; it's comfortable enough to use. There are also two selection buttons and answer and end call keys.
Unfortunately, the LG KF310's display is difficult to see in direct sunlight. Its small size means it's not suited to watching videos or viewing photos, despite the phone supporting both of these functions.
One area where the LG KF310 definitely scores points is its user interface. Although it isn't the fastest we've come across, it's generally speedy and keystroke lag isn't an issue. It is also easy to use, utilising a grid with labelled and animated icons.
Call quality is a mixed bag; we found incoming audio to be soft at times and it can be difficult to hear in a noisy environment. Outgoing audio was good for most part, with our callers not having any complaints.
The phone's features are fairly standard, though it does support Google Maps and the Opera Mini web browser. HSDPA connectivity is an excellent addition considering the price, but browsing the Web on the KF310’s tiny display isn’t a positive experience.
Multimedia support is fair, with the LG KF310 featuring dual cameras (a VGA camera on the front for video calls and a 2-megapixel camera on the rear for happy snaps) and video and music players. For extra storage, LG includes a microSD card slot on the left side of the phone. Unfortunately the phone lacks a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and A2DP Bluetooth is not supported. This means you’ll have to make do with the included headphones, which have a proprietary connection.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia