- Extensive paper handling options, colour, very versatile
- Colour prints not great
For offices that need a colour laser to do everything but make the morning coffee, the C762n is an extremely versatile choice.
Price$ 3,964.40 (AUD)
The Lexmark C762n is fairly inexpensive for a colour laser designed to serve a high-output office with a wide variety of printing needs. This model has truly extensive paper-handling options that turn it from a simple colour laser into a one-machine printing station. Options include a five-bin collater, a 3000-sheet finisher for such touches as stapling and collating, up to three 500-sheet paper trays, a hefty 2000-sheet paper tray, a wireless print server, and a variety of other media trays. You can even turn the C762n into a multifunction device by just popping a scanner on the top of the printer.
Of course, once you've fully decked out the basic version, you'll have paid significantly more than its attractive starting price, but the C762n's versatility is an asset if you do want to expand your printer's capabilities. The printer even comes standard with a 500MHz processor and 128MB of RAM, which should keep most office print jobs moving along smoothly, and you can expand the RAM up to 512MB.
Though this model has options to meet the needs of almost any office, its performance was less impressive. The device, which uses a single-pass design, printed text at 16.1 pages per minute and colour graphics at 4.9ppm.
The C762n's print quality, while generally good, didn't wow us either. It printed text very well, as most colour lasers do, with fine, dark letters. The narrow parallel lines in our line-art test looked straight and showed no banding, but the finer lines tended to merge together into a solid box. Our black-and-white photograph exhibited a bluish cast, though it looked mostly smooth and well textured. Printed colour photographs were light enough, but had somewhat garish colours and skin tones.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW