Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop
A solid and reliable notebook for serious users
The Lenovo ThinkPad T420s offers plenty of processing power and features that make it a good choice for a busy office. It's well built, feels solid, and it offers respectable battery life and power management.
|Display technology||LED-backlit LCD|
|Graphics card||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Graphics card type||Integrated|
|Optical media supported||CD, DVD|
|DVD drive type||Read and write|
|CPU type||Intel Core i5|
|Processor type||Intel Core i5-2520M|
|Operating system||Windows 7 Professional|
|Hard drive interface||SATA|
|Hard drive type||Hard drive|
|Supported memory media||SD|
|Webcam resolution (megapixels)||0.9|
|Number of USB 2.0 ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 ports:||1|
|Wired Terminals / Ports||3.5mm headphone jack, DisplayPort, Microphone, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, VGA (D-sub)|
|Wi-Fi (wireless networking)||Yes|
|Wireless technology supported||Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g, Wireless 802.11n|
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW