Leadtek WinFast A400 6800 GT
- Great software bundle, strong performance
A great software bundle eases the sticker shock, but there are other cards that perform similarly for a lower price
Price$ 990.00 (AUD)
This AGP offering from Leadtek is based on the GeForce 6800 GT, and it requires a fair bit of hardware to keep it cool. Leadtek has employed a large (but relatively quiet) fan, which sits on a thick copper heat sink that encompasses the both GPU and memory chips. As a result, it's a rather heavy card, yet it does not have a double-thickness bracket (like the 6800 Ultra version of this card does). Its performance was very similar to other similarly configured 6800GT cards.
This card is very, very expensive. It does, however, have plenty of bundled software that includes several commercial games, muVee autoProducer and other titles. It also has video-in capabilities, which can be used to capture video from an external source such as a VCR.
The card installed faultlessly on our test system and was very stable throughout testing. It is a well engineered card with a good software bundle, but its price is rather high.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- AMD busts Ryzen performance myths, clearing Windows 10 from blame
- Nvidia supercharges GeForce DirectX 12 performance with new Game Ready driver
- Ryzen works with XMP memory profiles
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
- Nvidia slashes GeForce GTX 1080 prices, reveals new overclocked memory options
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Data Business AnalystNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager (Business Applications)NSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication ArchitectQLD
- CCBenefits/Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- TPLead TesterNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC