Leadtek PX6600GT TDH
- Very impressive software bundle
- Poor performance in some of our tests
A card with decent performance and a very good software bundle.
Price$ 495.00 (AUD)
Unlike most of Leadtek's performance products, which feature extravagant cooling designs, the PX6600GT TDH has a modest heat sink and fan assembly cooling its 500MHz 6600GT GPU and no cooling at all for the on-board 128MB of GDDR3 memory. This memory runs at 1GHz.
Most the Leadtek's scores in our benchmarks were competitive, although it did provide a sluggish result in a high-quality 1280 x 1024 Doom 3 test.
Although a little expensive, the card comes with a comprehensive set of bundled software. It ships with several games, as well as muVee autoProducer3 video editing software, a software DVD player and the WinFox II management utility, which allows you to monitor your card as well as manipulate its speed.
High-definition output via component cables is a standout feature of this card, along with DVI. Cables and adapters to use these ports (component cable, DVI-VGA adapter) are supplied.
This package is a bargain if you are after a decent-performing PCIe card and are also interested in the bundled games and video editing software.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia rushes hotfix after bad GeForce driver broke Windows 10's Start menu, apps
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC