Konica Minolta magicolor 2550EN
- Kill job button
- Light on features, Expensive running costs
In spite of the corporate edge, the overall verdict on the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN has to be that it doesn't stand out from the competition.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN boasts Emperon technology, Simitri polymerised toner and Enhanced Image Density Control. But if the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN is heavy on buzzwords - Emperon is simply a marketing term for Konica's own-brand printing system and interface - it's light on features.
Not only does the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN look ordinary, with a generic beige finish and darker graphite print tray, the build quality is ordinary. The finish looks flimsy compared to the more solid lines of some of the competition, while the styling is mediocre. Ergonomically, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's most useful feature is a kill job button. This is missing from other models, but is a fast and effective paper and toner saver.
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's installation went fairly smoothly, although some of the dialogs in the drivers were in Spanish. The supplied software includes a fairly corporate selection of tools, including plug-ins for the Enterprise Management System and Novell's NDPS network print environment - which may interest businesses, but are less useful at home. The remaining software is a collection of standard remote print and management utilities. The most useful is a built-in web server, which makes remote management easy when combined with the PageScope Web connection tool.
Taking a minute to ready itself and with a colour output rate of 5ppm, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN isn't quick off the mark. Monochrome speeds are more respectable at 20ppm, but running costs are among the highest here. And quality is mediocre, too - it's acceptable for business graphics, but not for reproducing colour photos effectively.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW