Konica Minolta magicolor 2530DL
- PictBridge port, Low costs per page
- Low capacity toner cartridges in box
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2530DL is an economical choice for printing text and photos, if space and convenience are more important to you than print quality. It will appeal especially to professionals in need of quick, tolerable-quality photo prints from a digital camera.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta 2530DL is a compact colour laser with built-in networking features. It offers a few new improvements over its predecessor, the 2430DL, including increased memory and lower accessory costs.
The 2530DL doubles the internal memory to 64MB, which enabled us to print high-resolution photos successfully from a digital camera attached to the printer's front-mounted PictBridge port. Without an expensive memory upgrade, however, the 2430DL could print only in draft mode.
Like all GDI-based printers, the 2530DL depends on your PC to render its pages. Konica Minolta provides a driver that lets the 2530DL work with Macs as well as with Windows PCs. The simple control panel includes a two-line LCD that simplifies the task of entering setup parameters, such as the image quality and image size to use when printing from the PictBridge port.
The single paper tray holds 200 sheets of paper or 10 envelopes. You can add an optional 500-sheet paper tray for and an optional duplexer for an additional cost. At 17.3 pages per minute, the 2530DL's text printing speed lags behind most other budget-priced colour lasers we've tested recently, but its 2.6-ppm speed for plain-paper graphics and 2.0-ppm speed for glossy photos are closer to average.
In our tests, the 2530DL produced heavy-looking but well-formed text characters with crisp edges. Line art was quite dark, too, with some minor horizontal banding. Our greyscale print had a yellow-brown tint and overly dark shadows. On plain paper, our colour samples showed plenty of detail in the darkest areas but had inaccurate colours. At the 2530DL's highest quality setting, photos printed on glossy paper exhibited good contrast and shadow detail, but off colours and grainy dithering patterns.
The printer comes with toner cartridges rated to last for just 1500 pages each. High-capacity replacement cartridges rated for 4500 pages are also available. You can save a little extra by purchasing a bundle of all three colour cartridges. Overall it's quite reasonable for a budget-priced printer.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongACT
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Tester - Defence ProjectVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW