Kodak EASYSHARE V610
- Big zoom
- Blurry shots at full lens extension, Poor battery life
What makes this camera shine - its 10x zoom, ease of use and sleek design - may be enough to compensate for its shortcomings.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
With a long-range 10x optical zoom, Kodak's EasyShare V610 can bring the farthest subjects into full, detailed view. Unfortunately, this dual-lens camera also has a propensity for blurred photos at its highest zoom levels, plus disappointingly short battery life.
The 6.1-megapixel V610 is Kodak's second camera to sport two built-in lenses. The V610 has a 126mm-to-380mm (35mm equivalent) telephoto zoom lens that sits atop a 38mm-to-114mm standard zoom lens. When you're closing in on a subject, the V610's standard zoom handles up to 3x magnification; to go beyond that level, the telephoto lens kicks into action.
My outdoor shots usually came out sharp enough, but I got mixed results when shooting in indoor, low-light settings. It sometimes took clear, colourful photos at maximum zoom, but occasionally had trouble focusing. And because it lacks image stabilisation, any slight movement produced a blurry shot. Compared with other point-and-shoot cameras we've tested, the V610's images looked less sharp. The pictures were slightly underexposed, too, and white balance was a little off; we also noticed a slight greenish cast in some shots.
On the features side, the V610 impressed us. It offers wireless photo transfers via Bluetooth; in-camera photo stitching for panoramic shots; and a 2.8in LCD. The bad news: the V610 fared poorly in our battery test, lasting just 148 shots - the lowest result among point-and-shoot models we've recently tested.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
- Sony wants to bring 4K video capabilities to more digital cameras
- Sony brings 4K capabilities to new Cybershot cameras
- Google teams with GoPro in broad virtual reality push
- The Olympus Tough Stylus TG-4 camera can record RAW files
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW