Kodak EasyShare SV811
- Wireless connectivity, flexible content playback
- Small 8in screen, takes up to two hours to detect new shared albums
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 isn't the largest screen (there is also a 10in model, and other manufacturers produce frames larger even than this), but if you prize easy wireless connectivity and flexible content playback above screen size then the 8in Kodak EasyShare SV811 is a very good choice.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Kodak's 8in EasyShare SV811 digital photo frame displays slideshows of digital images.
Sharing digital photos online is easy. But storing them on a PC can make them less convenient to share with guests at home. If you would rather not pass around photo prints, a digital photo frame can help. Kodak's 8in EasyShare SV811 frame will play slideshows of digital images.
It comes with memory card slots, and the Kodak EasyShare SV811 can also play music and video files while propped up on its kickstand. But there the similarities end.
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 displays images via Wi-Fi from your PC or from Kodak's EasyShare Gallery Web site. The frame's 802.11b/g wireless connection is easy to set up via the on-screen menus, except that you must enter your security passcode and account information using the remote (or the buttons on the frame) and manoeuvre through the on-screen keyboard.
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 displays photos in shared online albums, without you having to turn on your computer. Although, in testing, the frame quickly displayed photos taken from our existing shared Gallery albums, it may require up to two hours to detect newly shared albums.
To send files from your PC to the Kodak EasyShare SV811, you need to use Windows Media Player 11.0 and enable media sharing. Our images looked quite attractive on the Kodak EasyShare SV811's 800x480 pixel LCD, with high contrast and appealing colour saturation. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, and we noticed some obvious image cropping in our tests.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- Amazon Echo's new 'Computer' wake word lets you fulfill your Star Trek fantasies
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPData AnalystWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD