Kambrook Arctic (KFA835) tower fan
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) review: A well-designed tower fan with a fair price
- Good price, unobtrusive design
- Nature mode is annoying
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) tower fan is a great option if you're after a budget cooling solution this summer.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Features and design
A mixture of glossy black and matte plastic form the chassis of the fan. Standing approximately 90cm high and about 15cm wide, the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage won't take up much room in your home at all. A carry handle is built into the top of the device for easy transportation. Control buttons dot the top of the unit and let you alter mode, fan speed, sleep timer and oscillation. You can also use the accompanying remote control to make these adjustments.
Just like the Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, instead of a conventional bladed fan the Kambrook KFA835 features a vertical turbine-like column that draws in air and throws it back out at a higher velocity.
Also like Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, the Arctic KFA835 has a 'nature' setting, which is intended to simulate a natural breeze. However, it just feels like the fan has become self-aware and is trying to annoy you to death with an irregular airflow — the sound of the fan changing power from high to low at frequent intervals just gets too annoying.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Performance
The Kambrook KFA835's airflow reach of about 5.7 metres falls short of the Sunbeam's 8.6 metre. Unless you have a huge room to cool this shouldn't really be a big problem. The fan itself works a treat: it's easy to use and assemble and as mentioned previously it won't take up much space. The Kambrook KFA835 is somewhat quieter than the Sunbeam Summit Tower and far quieter than the Dyson AM02.
Kambrook states that as a part of its testing procedures, "the Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) completed over 2200 hours of continuous testing — the equivalent to a cool breeze blowing every day of summer". We believe the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is a great buy this summer.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
- Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power
- Kuvée Smart Bottle hands-on preview: Go ahead, open all the wine you want
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Customer Communications/DocumentationNSW
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT