Can someone please explain why only the right side of the fan blows air?
Kambrook Arctic (KFA835) tower fan
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) review: A well-designed tower fan with a fair price
- Good price, unobtrusive design
- Nature mode is annoying
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) tower fan is a great option if you're after a budget cooling solution this summer.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Features and design
A mixture of glossy black and matte plastic form the chassis of the fan. Standing approximately 90cm high and about 15cm wide, the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage won't take up much room in your home at all. A carry handle is built into the top of the device for easy transportation. Control buttons dot the top of the unit and let you alter mode, fan speed, sleep timer and oscillation. You can also use the accompanying remote control to make these adjustments.
Just like the Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, instead of a conventional bladed fan the Kambrook KFA835 features a vertical turbine-like column that draws in air and throws it back out at a higher velocity.
Also like Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, the Arctic KFA835 has a 'nature' setting, which is intended to simulate a natural breeze. However, it just feels like the fan has become self-aware and is trying to annoy you to death with an irregular airflow — the sound of the fan changing power from high to low at frequent intervals just gets too annoying.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Performance
The Kambrook KFA835's airflow reach of about 5.7 metres falls short of the Sunbeam's 8.6 metre. Unless you have a huge room to cool this shouldn't really be a big problem. The fan itself works a treat: it's easy to use and assemble and as mentioned previously it won't take up much space. The Kambrook KFA835 is somewhat quieter than the Sunbeam Summit Tower and far quieter than the Dyson AM02.
Kambrook states that as a part of its testing procedures, "the Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) completed over 2200 hours of continuous testing — the equivalent to a cool breeze blowing every day of summer". We believe the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is a great buy this summer.
I've noticed that when I turn the fan off it sometimes makes a strange noise - the noise is almost like the fan is in standyby-off mode, but is actually still on. Has anyone else noticed this?
I just scored 2 of these of the side walk .... works well.... but why did someone dump them
Only thing is the LCD screen is bright blue which makes you feel like it's day time when you're trying to go to sleep
How do you clean these?
Wow Becca I just came looking for the same answer lol how DO you clean these? It says to wipe down the outside with a cloth but I'm sure there is dust built up but can't get to it...... Also have to say I've had my fan for over a year and I love it!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- AT&T to pay $23.8 million to settle California dumping complaint
- SAP talks up Hana but small companies slow to sign on
- IBM offers 'devops' services to speed up enterprises' app development
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC