a-Jays Three headphones
The a-Jays three headphones produce good quality sound and feature an attractive design
- Excellent bass response, flat cord, included accessories, comfortable, firm fit
- Large and long jack connector
At this price, the a-Jays Three headphones represent excellent value and are a perfect replacement for the standard headphones that are bundled with most portable media players.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Swedish company Jays has produced a smash hit with its a-Jays Three headphones. Excellent bass response, a wealth of included accessories and an attractive design that features a flat, tangle-free cord mean they are highly recommended.
The a-Jays Three headphones are the third model in Jays' entry-level, in-ear line-up and a step above the a-Jays Two headphones. Despite the earphones' low asking price, Jays is very generous with included accessories; neatly fitted in impressive packaging are various sized rubber tips (five sets in total), a flight adapter to use with airplane entertainment systems, a stereo splitter to share your music, and a handy plastic carry case. One downside is the 3.5mm connector — it's quite large and long, so it sticks well out of a media player's headphone jack.
Jays claims flat cable of the headphones is "tangle-free"; this isn't entirely accuarate in our experience but the 1.15m cable definitely suffers less from tangles than regular rounded headphone cords. The earphones themselves feature a glossy black design with matte black edging and strike a nice balance between looks and comfort. With the right size sleeves fitted a comfortable seal is created in your ear, making long listening sessions pain-free. The earbuds also hold firmly in place, even when running or exercising.
Sound quality is super-impressive considering the price. While obviously not audiophile quality, the a-Jays Three headphones boast impressive bass response. This punchy, deep bass rarely overpowers other elements. Mid-range is also well balanced, with vocals, in particular, a standout. While not super-crisp, the audio overall is warm and punchy. There is no evident distortion, even at high volume levels.
Though they can't compete with active noise-cancellation technology, the a-Jays Three earbuds can block out most background noise on a crowded train at half volume — ideal for most commuters and certainly a huge upgrade on the headphones that ship with most portable media players, including the iPod.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW