A community-based music download site
- You probably haven't heard of most artists on the site
It may not be mainstream, but Jamendo will certainly encourage you to broaden your musical horizons.
Jamendo is a community-based music download site where the music is absolutely free.
That's right: no subscriptions; no per-track cost; no album download fee; and no limitations. The catch? You probably haven't heard of most artists on the site. Top 40 this isn't, but that's why Jamendo is so fun. You can find everything from Chilean folk pop and Italian metal to the next big indie hip-hop star.
Listen online to any song and download it either directly from the site (in MP3 format) or through BitTorrent servers (where you can find MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats). This site is completely legal because its artists use Creative Commons licences - the same licences used by Flickr, Deviantart and other content-sharing sites.
More than 150,000 tracks are currently available at Jamendo as 192Kbps MP3s or 220Kbps Ogg Vorbis files.
Members of Jamendo can get their hands on more than just music. Users can create a personal space, similar to your MySpace or Facebook profile, on which you can publish playlists of your favourite music and even invite your friends to join and then share music with them. You can even write and publish reviews of the albums you've listened to.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ITU gives public more access to talks on future of the Internet
- GlobalFoundries to take over IBM's semiconductor unit in $1.3 billion deal
- Apple's iCloud targeted in man-in-the-middle attack in China
- 3D-printed gun maker draws jail term in Japan
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW