Budget Bluetooth headset
- Outgoing sound, soft design of ear buds, ease of use and pairing
- Incoming sound a mixed bag, questionable design
The BT2020 comes at a very reasonable price, but we prefer the design of a regular Bluetooth headset.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- GN2000 Mono Corded Headset for Deskphone (2003-... 144.99
Featuring a strange behind-the-ear design, Jabra's BT2020 is a solid budget Bluetooth headset that offers reasonable voice quality.
Jabra describes the BT2020's design, which is different to most Bluetooth headsets, as discreet. We disagree — even when worn correctly, the BT2020 is hardly inconspicuous and it may cause some slight discomfort depending on the size of your ear. To help, Jabra includes three different sized ear buds in the sales package, made of a soft silicone-like material. However, even after finding one that fits snugly, we prefer the much more compact design of a regular headset.
Thankfully, the BT2020 is easy to pair to your phone and operate. Simply put the unit in pairing mode by turning it on, find the headset using your phone and pair (the default pass code is 0000). Once paired, the BT2020 will automatically connect to your phone each time it is switched on.
The headset's sound quality is average. Like the BT2010, the BT2020 has better outgoing sound than incoming sound. In noisy environments, such as walking down a busy city road, we found the sound wasn't loud enough and overall not as crisp or clear as we expected. On the other hand, our callers had no complaints about outgoing sound, which was described as clear and loud and suffered from no noticeable issues.
There are only two buttons on the unit — a call handling button and a volume button. Functions are accessed by tapping, pressing or holding one of the buttons. For example, pressing the volume button increases the volume, while holding it down decreases it. A status light next to the volume button lets you know whether the unit is in pairing mode, or connected to a device.
The BT2020 also allows you to redial the last number you called, utilise call waiting, place a call on hold and use voice dialling (voice dialling only works if it is a feature of your phone). The unit is charged via a standard mini USB connection using the included AC adapter.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Hands on: Microsoft's Surface Book is a stunner as both a tablet and a laptop
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
- Motorola to drop Moto Assist, Migrate, and Connect in transition to Marshmallow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW