Cheap but stylish hands-free calling
- Stylish and compact design, price, ease of use, comfortable
- Poor quality incoming sound at times
Jabra's BT2010 certainly offers plenty of bang for your buck, but be warned that incoming sound does suffer at times.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- GN2000 Mono Corded Headset for Deskphone (2003-... 144.99
A simple yet effective Bluetooth headset for hands-free calling, Jabra's BT2010 is a budget offering that won't break the bank. Its sound quality isn't outstanding but the stylish design and decent battery life mean it offers plenty of bang for your buck.
Bluetooth headsets have recently strayed from being large, bulky and ugly units to being stylish and compact designs; the BT2010 continues this trend. It's not the smallest headset on the market, but the gloss black front combined with chrome edging gives this unit a touch of class. More importantly, the BT2010 is comfortable to wear for long periods and it features a removable ear hook that allows it to be worn on either the left or right ear.
Like most Bluetooth headsets, using the BT2010 is as simple as possible. The unit consists of just three buttons — two volume buttons and a call handling key. Turning the unit on with the call handling button automatically puts the unit into pairing mode. Connecting to a compatible phone is as easy as finding the device, then entering the pass code (0000 by default). A status light lets you know if the unit is in pairing mode with a solid light, while a flashing light indicates that the unit is paired.
Sound quality is certainly passable, but not outstanding by any stretch. Strangely, the BT2010 seems to produce better outgoing sound rather than incoming sound — most headsets usually do the opposite. Our callers during our test calls gave the outgoing sound the thumbs up, saying it was clear and distortion-free. Where the BT2010 is let down is incoming sound. We regularly experienced fluctuating volume levels and found it difficult to hear if we were in a noisy environment.
The BT2010 also allows you to redial the last number you called, utilise call waiting, place a call on hold and use voice dialling — the latter only works if this is a feature of your phone. The unit is charged via a standard mini USB connection, with Jabra supplying an AC adapter in the sales package.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Hands on: Microsoft's Surface Book is a stunner as both a tablet and a laptop
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
- Motorola to drop Moto Assist, Migrate, and Connect in transition to Marshmallow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW