- • • •
IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES SUBTITLES
Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition media player
A competent Iomega media streamer
- Compact, good file format support, three USB ports
- No internal storage, wireless adapter is not bundled by default
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition offers all the features one would expect from a second-gen media player. If you'd like internal storage in addition to what this player already offers, consider other media players like the Iomega ScreenPlay Director HD or the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ instead.
Price$ 297.00 (AUD)
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition offers all the features one would expect – in terms of supported multimedia file formats, extra USB ports, wired and optional wireless networking, internet connectivity, usability of UI and remote, and quality of playback of 1080p videos.
The ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition is smaller than the previous Iomega TV Link; it's also more powerful and looks great beside a HDTV. The front hosts two USB ports; the rear has one more USB port, power input, an HDMI port, S/PDIF optical audio output, a 10/100Mbps Ethernet jack, and red/white/yellow Composite video output.
One of these USB ports can be used to plug in Iomega’s ScreenPlay WiFi Adapter (which can be purchased separately), to give not only wired but also wireless access to your home network. The bundled remote is nicer than the previous TV Link model, and more colourful. It is easy to navigate through the on-screen interface of the TV Link Director, which is not very sluggish and quite responsive.
You can play audio/video/photo files off a USB storage device. Supported file-systems are FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, EXT2 and EXT3; in addition to networked computers and HDDs. Note that you cannot use an external optical drive to play a CD or DVD directly from source disc. It is hard to avoid comparing the Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition with the Western Digital WD TV Live.
We tested all the multimedia file formats that this device claimed to play, and it acquitted itself well. Upscaling lower resolution videos, playing 1080p, high-bitrate videos without jitters, and photo management were all impressive.
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition box package includes a quick start guide, Composite video and HDMI cables. Compatibility across the globe is reinforced by the four types of power plugs that can be interchanged to suit relevant power sockets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- AT&T to pay $23.8 million to settle California dumping complaint
- SAP talks up Hana but small companies slow to sign on
- IBM offers 'devops' services to speed up enterprises' app development
- Data exchange talks lag, jeopardizing US firms' ability to operate in Europe
- NSA director: No changes in telephone record collection coming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW