- • • •
IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES SUBTITLES
Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition media player
A competent Iomega media streamer
- Compact, good file format support, three USB ports
- No internal storage, wireless adapter is not bundled by default
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition offers all the features one would expect from a second-gen media player. If you'd like internal storage in addition to what this player already offers, consider other media players like the Iomega ScreenPlay Director HD or the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ instead.
Price$ 297.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- ScreenPlay eBook 37.99
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition offers all the features one would expect – in terms of supported multimedia file formats, extra USB ports, wired and optional wireless networking, internet connectivity, usability of UI and remote, and quality of playback of 1080p videos.
The ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition is smaller than the previous Iomega TV Link; it's also more powerful and looks great beside a HDTV. The front hosts two USB ports; the rear has one more USB port, power input, an HDMI port, S/PDIF optical audio output, a 10/100Mbps Ethernet jack, and red/white/yellow Composite video output.
One of these USB ports can be used to plug in Iomega’s ScreenPlay WiFi Adapter (which can be purchased separately), to give not only wired but also wireless access to your home network. The bundled remote is nicer than the previous TV Link model, and more colourful. It is easy to navigate through the on-screen interface of the TV Link Director, which is not very sluggish and quite responsive.
You can play audio/video/photo files off a USB storage device. Supported file-systems are FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, EXT2 and EXT3; in addition to networked computers and HDDs. Note that you cannot use an external optical drive to play a CD or DVD directly from source disc. It is hard to avoid comparing the Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition with the Western Digital WD TV Live.
We tested all the multimedia file formats that this device claimed to play, and it acquitted itself well. Upscaling lower resolution videos, playing 1080p, high-bitrate videos without jitters, and photo management were all impressive.
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition box package includes a quick start guide, Composite video and HDMI cables. Compatibility across the globe is reinforced by the four types of power plugs that can be interchanged to suit relevant power sockets.
Latest News Articles
- Xbox One's high price in China draws complaints, but likely buyers too
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Facebook app gives free Internet to mobile users in Zambia
- Sony profit leaps on PlayStation 4 strength
- China's Xiaomi rises to fifth place in smartphone rankings
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Home Entertainment View all »
- $175.19 free shipping
- 9% off $639 free shipping
- 10% off $159.95
- 16% off $747 free shipping
- 23% off $8.09 free shipping
- TVs View all »
- Projectors View all »
- Monitors View all »
- Digital Video View all »