Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009
The latest edition of the market-leading small-business accounting package.
- Improved dashboard, multi-currency support
- Free Web site very limited
The improvements make QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009 a good value for new users and a worthwhile upgrade for current customers. A less costly Pro edition lacks industry-specific financial reports and inventory-tracking tools, but it may appeal to smaller service businesses on a budget.
Price$ 1,399.00 (AUD)
QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009, the latest edition of the market-leading small-business accounting package, sports numerous useful improvements, including multicurrency support for transactions with foreign vendors and customers.
QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009 also improves multiuser capabilities, offers smarter online banking, and makes it easier for your outside accountant to work with your QuickBooks records.
Longtime QuickBooks users will welcome improvements to the dashboard: the company snapshot feature includes more details on your business finances and makes it easier to drill down to examine the details.
And new users will benefit from the addition of a panel with context-sensitive links to the QuickBooks Live Community, a user bulletin board — a feature that could help them get answers to many questions.
Intuit couldn't have timed its support for multi-currency any better. Dodgy economic conditions will encourage many businesses to sell offshore to foreign customers.
QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009 lets you download up-to-date currency exchange rates so you can easily prepare invoices in Euros or other currencies, even if your product costs are maintained in US dollars. You can view your outstanding receivables either in US dollars or in the foreign currency. Customer payments can be received by wire transfers using Intuit Payment Services (at extra cost).
Intuit says that, at about half of the businesses using QuickBooks, more than one person works with the software. These businesses will appreciate QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009's improved multiuser mode, including data backup and running reports. QuickBooks Messenger lets you text-chat with other users.
Some operations must still be performed only in single-user mode. But QuickBooks administrators who need solo access can now send a message to other users and log them out.
Banks rarely record transactions the same way you do in your company books. Borrowing from its personal finance application, Quicken, Intuit lets QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009 suggest possible matches when you download transactions from your bank account. You can then establish a rule to rename similar transactions in the future, to save time.
Intuit now provides a free Web site for 12 months for each QuickBooks Premier Edition 2009 customer. Unfortunately, the plan appears to have been designed by a tight-fisted Ebenezer Scrooge: the freebie is limited to a scant three Web pages, so it's hardly worth your time to set one up. Microsoft Office Live Small Business offers a far more generous bundle of free web services, including both a custom domain and e-mail accounts.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW