Intellimon XSitePro 2.0
One of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites.
- Great interface
- Can't really be used for creating complex dynamic sites
XSitePro 2.0 is one of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites. But that needs to be borne in mind: this is not really a program for professionals themselves. Although it can create such things as scripts for search pages, XSitePro 2.0 handles page generation for you rather than being a tool for complex dynamic sites.
Price$ 197.00 (AUD)
There are two main approaches to web design: on the one hand, there are professional-level applications that provide complex tools for generating dynamic, database-driven sites. Meanwhile, programs aimed at novices generate static sites quickly and easily. XSitePro 2.0 falls somewhere between the two, generating content dynamically from a user's input that is then output as a HTML pages.
The starting point for XSitePro 2.0 is a Project, a means of organising any number of individual websites. Creating a basic website structure, the next step, takes only a few moments using one of the many templates provided. These templates are generally of a high quality: there is always a slight danger that such designs can look rather too similar to others across the web, but XSitePro 2.0 also makes customising each section extremely easy.
Changing the look and feel of your site is simple with XSitePro 2.0's stylesheets. There's a slick interface and you don't need to code directly (although the opportunity is there if you dig around a little). This is certainly much easier to use than in applications such as Dreamweaver, although someone with a more advanced knowledge of web programming may find this a little restrictive.
After creating the site, individual pages can be modified via XSitePro 2.0's what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) page editor that also provides an HTML option. Publishing itself is generally straightforward via FTP, although the complete novice will probably require a little help in setting this up. Getting a good-looking site up and running within minutes is very simple.
So far, so standard, although this is one of the most pleasant to use interfaces for Web design that we've encountered. Where XSitePro 2.0 really stands out, however, is by applying this ease of use to a wide range of additional features which, if coded by hand or created using Dreamweaver would be considerably more complex. Wizards handle such things as creating a version of your site for mobile users, navigation menus and search engine sitemaps, as well as multimedia, search engine optimisation and PayPal buttons.
XSitePro 2.0 is one of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- TPData AnalystWA
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW