Intellimon XSitePro 2.0
One of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites.
- Great interface
- Can't really be used for creating complex dynamic sites
XSitePro 2.0 is one of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites. But that needs to be borne in mind: this is not really a program for professionals themselves. Although it can create such things as scripts for search pages, XSitePro 2.0 handles page generation for you rather than being a tool for complex dynamic sites.
Price$ 197.00 (AUD)
There are two main approaches to web design: on the one hand, there are professional-level applications that provide complex tools for generating dynamic, database-driven sites. Meanwhile, programs aimed at novices generate static sites quickly and easily. XSitePro 2.0 falls somewhere between the two, generating content dynamically from a user's input that is then output as a HTML pages.
The starting point for XSitePro 2.0 is a Project, a means of organising any number of individual websites. Creating a basic website structure, the next step, takes only a few moments using one of the many templates provided. These templates are generally of a high quality: there is always a slight danger that such designs can look rather too similar to others across the web, but XSitePro 2.0 also makes customising each section extremely easy.
Changing the look and feel of your site is simple with XSitePro 2.0's stylesheets. There's a slick interface and you don't need to code directly (although the opportunity is there if you dig around a little). This is certainly much easier to use than in applications such as Dreamweaver, although someone with a more advanced knowledge of web programming may find this a little restrictive.
After creating the site, individual pages can be modified via XSitePro 2.0's what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) page editor that also provides an HTML option. Publishing itself is generally straightforward via FTP, although the complete novice will probably require a little help in setting this up. Getting a good-looking site up and running within minutes is very simple.
So far, so standard, although this is one of the most pleasant to use interfaces for Web design that we've encountered. Where XSitePro 2.0 really stands out, however, is by applying this ease of use to a wide range of additional features which, if coded by hand or created using Dreamweaver would be considerably more complex. Wizards handle such things as creating a version of your site for mobile users, navigation menus and search engine sitemaps, as well as multimedia, search engine optimisation and PayPal buttons.
XSitePro 2.0 is one of the best applications we’ve seen for aiding novices in creating professional-looking websites.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD