Innoheim liteCAM 2.2
- Easy to set up
- Can't record the movements of a mouse cursor, only saves files in AVI format
liteCAM is an intuitive screen-capture tool, albeit one that can't capture cursor movements.
Price$ 19.00 (AUD)
liteCAM 2.2 captures video footage from your screen and outputs it to a compact AVI file.
You can save only to AVI files and will need a separate program to share files in formats such as MPEG or WMV. But AVI means quality—to our eyes, liteCAM videos are indistinguishable from "live action".
On booting liteCAM, the program offers automatic hardware acceleration. This seems like overkill—liteCAM is no resource hog. And even on our creaky 192MB RAM test machine (technically outside the system requirements), liteCAM ran smoothly.
The hand-holding continues: liteCAM checks your system and automatically sets up audio capture. It couldn't be any simpler; liteCAM comes with contextual help and a PDF brochure.
You can customise video resolution and even frames per second. Audio options include mono, stereo or silence, bitrate (8- or 16-bits) and sampling ratio—from 8KHz for 48KHz. Optional compression prevents volume changes. There's also a timed recording option.
Law permitting, you can capture anything you can see on your PC: streamed movies and TV broadcasts, and training walk-throughs. Unfortunately for the latter, we couldn't record our cursor. Innoheim told us that in May it is launching a business-specific tool that will do exactly this, so watch this space.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- CCCloud Solution DesignerVIC